Tahitian Pearl Jewelry

S

Sandy Smith

Jeremy,
I have been shopping for a black Tahitian pearl pendant and the pricing that I find is about the same at every store both retail and on-line. I did find what I could tell was very low quality pearl necklaces and earrings at www.evesaddiction.com (listed under freshwater pearl jewelry) which are called "Black Tahitian South Sea Pearls" for very cheap. In fact the necklace with a single pearl is only $38. Why are they listing these as freshwater pearls, as Tahitian are not freshwater, and could they actually be Tahitian for that price? I would trust your judgement rather than call their customer service department as I did talk to a young woman in their customer service department about a month ago and she was not educated in pearls at all. What do you think. Thank you.

Sandy,

I saw the piece you are referring to, and I would definitely avoid it. Something is extremely fishy there. The picture cannot be indicative of the pieces they are selling, and description cannot be accurate. Either the pearl is a regular freshwater pearl, or the pearl is fake. If you do call the customer service department I would just tell them you are annoyed by their misleading advertisement.

No Response from customer service

No Response from customer service

Thank you for your advise. I have emailed their customer service and phoned and no person has returned my call or email regarding my questions on their "so-called" Tahitian pearl jewelry. That would lead me to think that their pearls are fake and they are being dishonest. I would never buy from www.evesaddiction.com

I would not go as far as to say they are being dishonest, it could just be a mistake. I do know that the Site is quite popular, and they seem to specialize in designer jewelry. I think if they were being intentionally dishonest they would call their CZ's diamonds, and their silver 'platinum plated'.

Faux Tahitian Pearls

Faux Tahitian Pearls

I believe they simply left out the word "faux" in the description of the item you were viewing. All of their Tahitian pearl pieces I viewed are fake, glass pearls and they usually include the term "faux" in these descriptions. I'm sure this was an honest oversight on their web site.

Back