Tahitian tin cup

moonpie

Hi everyone! It’s been a long time but I’ll post this, then head over to the freshwater pearls section and post the proper hello :eek:

Just needed to show off my new Tahitian tin cup necklace that’s on its way to me! Can hardly wait. 5CBC6179-156E-4C58-ABAD-8AEF8DA3ED69.jpg

There was a recent post about Tin-Cups MoonPie! Have you checked it out? We had kind of the backstory of the origin of this jewelry style...your jewelry is beautiful :)

Lovely. I have one in white gold with mixed colored Tahitians & I really enjoy wearing mine.

Ooh no I’ve had a little look but my searching skills are dusty! If you don’t mind could you share the link here please, I’d love to read!

Edit: sorry cortezpearls I was supposed to quote/reply back to your specific post. *Hi btw*!

Last edited:
Oh 86C hi *waves frantically like a maniac*

I’ve got another page open for PG where I’m going through the ‘what pearls are you wearing today’ thread, I’m having an absolute blast! I remember seeing loads of your beautiful delights you lucky thing you ��

To be honest I was supposed to tip toe back into pearl world (must confess I’ve been in the gemstone world in the last 6 years so the kitty didn’t get to put on any weight).. and this was supposed to be a light tiptoeing back in sort of deal. That above thread ruined that plan!

Moonpie, Jeg has some of the most beautiful tin cup styles I've ever seen. If you haven't looked at hers, you should. She gives me tin cup fever! ;)

Moonpie, Jeg has some of the most beautiful tin cup styles I've ever seen. If you haven't looked at hers, you should. She gives me tin cup fever! ;)

She absolutely gives me tin-cup fever! And suddenly I have an inexplicable need to make my own - and wear - shoulder duster earrings :D

Oh 86C hi *waves frantically like a maniac*

I’ve got another page open for PG where I’m going through the ‘what pearls are you wearing today’ thread, I’m having an absolute blast! I remember seeing loads of your beautiful delights you lucky thing you ��

To be honest I was supposed to tip toe back into pearl world (must confess I’ve been in the gemstone world in the last 6 years so the kitty didn’t get to put on any weight).. and this was supposed to be a light tiptoeing back in sort of deal. That above thread ruined that plan!

Sure thing MoonPie :)
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?13390-Tin-Cup-Necklace-History&highlight=history

Ha! Thank you for the very nice compliment 86C and moonpie! Glad to hear I’m contagious... in a good way! ;) Enjoy that pretty new tin cup and I’ll look forward to seeing dusters you can trip over.:cool:

Back