Tahitian necklace or not?

Libella

Community member
Hello!
Firstly, I wish you all a beautiful day, with good health, hapinness , love and sunny momemnts!
For i trust that only you can help me in this pandemic Covid-19 crisis, i dare to ask for a sincere opinion about this necklace- if it true Tahitian or not?
The specification of the necklace are the following:
- length: 63 cm
- weight: 49.61 grams
- size: 8 and 9mm
- shape: irregular spherical semi baroque
- colour: iridescent color - from lead to eggplant and bronze
- clasp: white gold 18 kt
Thank you in advance for your time and answer!
I wish you all a wonderful and safe Easter!

Attachments

• T 1.jpg
    T 1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 45
  • T 2.jpg
    T 2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 48
  • T 3.jpg
    T 3.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 43
  • T 4.jpg
    T 4.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 44
  • T 5.jpg
    T 5.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 44
  • T 6.jpg
    T 6.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 50
  • T 7.jpg
    T 7.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 45
  • T8.jpg
    T8.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 44
  • T 9.jpg
    T 9.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 48
They look like dyed freshwaters to me. Have a lovely easter.
Thank you very much for your answer. Still, i am amazed by their tones and overtones. I attach more pictures, i hope more accurate one :) ...still want to convinvince me they are Tahitian :)20200411_191534.jpg20200411_191518.jpg20200411_191443.jpg

The shape and the typical groves in the pearls indicates freshwater pearls. They are also on the small side for being tahitians, there are small tahitians like that, I have some myself, it's just not that common. The color, however lovely, appears dyed. That kind of clasp isn't usually put on tahitians or more expensive pearls, however practical. That doesn't meen that you cannot enjoy and wear them. If you like them that's all that matters. Enjoy your pearls and have a lovely weekend.

I agree with Charlotta; these are dyed freshwater. The overtones are lovely and often more intense and varied than you will find on a strand of Tahitians. The blemishes are typical of freshwater pearls. The dyes are permanent and if the pearls are good quality with good luster before dying, they can be lovely afterward. These look like tissue nucleated freshwater, so they are all nacre and won't ever wear through to a bead.

I hope you didn't pay Tahitian prices for these, or that they were represented as Tahitian. That said, there is no reason to shun dyed pearls, in my mind.

While pretty, I agree with Charlotta & Pattye. They look like dyed freshwater pearls.

Those are dyed freshwater pearls. They are not Tahitians.

The shape, colors, and size look like dyed freshwater pearls, not Tahitians. That's not to say that they aren't pretty. They're 100% nacre, and dyed colors can be lovely. They just are not Tahitian pearls.

Hello !
May you have a peacefull, healthy, wonderfull and safe Easter !
Thank you very much for your answers!
They were a family Easter present from an Etsy shop.
Of course, they were sell it like Tahitian and contiune to do it.
I write them for a return, but i didn't get any answer yet.
May you enjoy your day with good health and sunny moments !

I am with Pattye and Charlotta, They look like dyed freshwater to me too.

Dyed pearls get a bad rep because so often dyed pearls are passed off as Tahitians. And because of some truly garish colours out there.

However, if a dyed strand is sold as a dyed strand and priced as such, they can be lovely. I absolutely love my dyed dove grey keshi, for example.

Back