Tahitians and dark hair ???

IHEARTPEARLS

Hi everyone . I can not get enough of Tahitians pearls lol I have dark hair and I would like to get some earrings but I feel like the Tahitian won't show up on me, I wear my hair down. For those with dark hair do you wear Tahitian, any tips?

Thanks! :eek:

Wear Tahitian studs so that they show up against your earlobes. Yes, my dark Tahitian drop earrings tend to disappear when my hair is down. They look great, however, when my hair is pulled up.

Hehehe. I cut my hair off just so my earrings will show. No point it getting great earrings and getting them lost in my hair.

A pair of studs will show as PD said, because they rest on the lobe. If you're looking at a dangle earring, I suggest going for either a lighter to medium body Tahitian. Or look for one with striking color, because even if it is dark, the colors will flash!

Add a bit of sparkle to your earring with a gemstone accent to draw the eye to your earrings; as will movement, such as a dangling pearl. As JP mentioned, lighter Tahitians come with amazing overtones and luster, not just dark ones. Hope you find the perfect earrings, IHP!

Last edited:
I have dark hair & I wear Tahtians all the time. My dangles tend to be a medium shade or I have gemstones to make the darker ones stand out. I also wear larger studs.

I find that most of my dark haired clients like the look of the Silver green or silver blue as they stand out . Another way to go is a very bright mid green as opposed to an Aubergine or Peacock. The bright green stand out no matter what shade your hair is.. but as Red has mentioned if your hair is worn up then the fact that they are dark doesn't matter .. and I'd add if it's very short it doesn't matter either.

Long hair is easily tucked behind one ear to show off an earring. ;)

I have dark reddish brown hair, and I wear peacock drops, as well as green Tahitians and white and gold South Sea drops. For me, the biggest issue is keeping my hair from physically covering the earrings, rather than a color issue.

Long hair is easily tucked behind one ear to show off an earring. ;)

I have dark reddish brown hair, and I wear peacock drops, as well as green Tahitians and white and gold South Sea drops. For me, the biggest issue is keeping my hair from physically covering the earrings, rather than a color issue.

Exactly - my hair is always tucked behind my ears !

Back