South Sea Pearls on a playdate

KaySD

I had lunch with Newberry on Sunday and we had a ball playing pearls. All pearls shown were purchased by 4RG or me during the recent Pearl Paradise sales, other than 4RG?s WSS tin cup, which she had made a while back with pearls from another vendor.

I was very, very bad during the sales. My GSS, WSS and mixed strands:

White south sea, gold south sea, mixed south sea from pearl paradiseWhite south sea, gold south sea, mixed south sea from pearl paradise 2

All 3 strands are 10-12 mm smooth drops. The 24k gold SS pearls and mixed strand are AAA; the WSS strand is AA+/AAA. I am in pearl heaven! (and broke)

I can't decide if I like the double better with the white or gold on top:

gold south sea, mixed south sea from pearl paradise worngold south sea, mixed south sea from pearl paradise worn 2

The 24K GSS strand was a gift from DH for our recent 10-year wedding anniversary. I am designating the mixed strand for my next birthday, so it has to go back in the drawer for a few months.

We had fun playing with different combinations.

My 2 strands with Newberry's tin cup. (I should have worn a plain black top for pictures.) I bought the WSS strand with the intention of turning it into a 40-42" tin cup similar to Newberry's, although she thinks I should wear it as a strand for a while first.

My 2 strands with Newberry?s tin cup. (I should have worn a plain black top for pictures.) I bought the WSS strand with the intention of turning it into a 40-42 tin cup Pearl Paradise

Funky rope option:

Funky rope option

24k Golden double with my strand + Newberry's:

24k Golden pearls double with my strand Pearl Paradise

Golden triple (includes the strand Purranha and I are splitting):

Golden triple (includes the strand Purranha and I are splitting) pearl paradise

My mixed strand nestled between my and Newberry's GSS strands:

My mixed strand between Newberry's golds from Pearl ParadiseMy mixed strand between Newberry's golds from Pearl Paradise 2

Group shot:

Group shot of all our pearl paradise south sea strands

Wonderful photos!!! I love that gold pearl in the middle of the whites. Just gorgeous!

They look absolutely stunning on you. All the pearls look gorgeous on their own and together.

OMG KaySD those strands look STUNNING!!! So wish I could witness the playdate and pearls aaalllll together in person!
And thank you for the opportunity to split the strand. Can't wait to make fun projects with it!

I LUVed the rope look, and also loved how Newberry's tin-cup used chains with the oval in the middle versus some of the traditional tin-cups. It works uber well with the larger pearl size. They all look amazing together!!!

Thank you so very much for the photos. Love seeing all of those wonderful deep golden South Seas all together. And your new WSS. And your new mixed SS. Is that WSS ring your new Burmese from PP? More photos please of the ring.

Agree with Purranha about the rope look. I love pearl ropes with my heavy winter cowl necks, so if you ever go to a colder climate, you will be all set.

I am South Sea dizzy!! Stunning, and they look gorgeous on you.

I love love love that mixed strand. Well and the GSSs of course. And that tin cup is lovely!

I agree with Newberry that you should wear your WSS as it is for a while. It looks beautiful. WSS make such a power strand.

I'm speechless KaySD!!! Well, no, not quite :) You look stunning in those pearls ... LOVE the golds with the mixed ... perfect on you :) And that "funky rope" is absolutely fabulous! AND you got to have lunch with Newberry, sigh ...

Every combination looks good, you can't go wrong with your gorgeous pearls. The ring is stunning! Is it the Oracle setting? Yellow or rose gold?

Wow! They all look scrumptious. What a wonderful pearly playdate!
It must have been such fun - did you actually get to eat anything?

What a visual treat, thanks! The WSS-mix really pops with the gold strand on the bottom. I think it gets lost worn underneath the gold, just fades away, but with the gold framing it - well, Eureka!

Ah the Lovely Lunch Ladies strike again! Thanks for sharing the view :)

Having lunch with Kay is always a treat but throwing in strands of pearls just bumps it to another level. I love our lunches :) A table full of golden and white south sea pearls are a sight to behold.

Kay your collection is just beautiful and they all look stunning on you. I can't wait to see what you get next.

Thank you for asking me to come and see a golden strand that caught your eye on the Pearl Paradise web site in August that you were having sent to you. I now have a once in a life time fantasy golden strand that dreams are made of :)

Back