Metal for GSSP

Yes, I imagine the prices on most of the earrings I posted would be staggering. The funny thing is, I'm not usually that into pave, but when I went looking for inspiration photos for GSS earrings, those are the ones I liked. The pair with black rhodium and cognac diamonds from Eli Jewels is amazing -- both the materials and the design.

I see no reason not to plate silver with black rhodium instead of gold to keep the cost down, since you don't see the underlying metal. I think these $40 blackened silver and champagne diamond findings from Gempacked would look great with GSS pearl drops. https://www.gempacked.com/Oxidized-Sterling-Silver-Rounded-Pear-Shape-Triple-Row-Pave-Diamond-Earwire-Pair?gp_product_id=779

I could only find a few quick examples of GSS pearls paired with rubies. I like the color combo.

GSS 9-10mm & Rubies.jpg18K YG GSS Ruby & Yellow Sapphire Necklace.jpgGSS & Ruby.jpg

Good examples Kay! And I totally agree..as I said earlier I don't mind the gold on gold if you add some sparkle. But like you I think it's all a bit washed out with gold on gold alone. The third pair....there's my favourite of the moment...cognac diamonds! Beautiful! And I watched a video on electroplating the brown gold ... really pretty colour!

Thanks for the kind comments about my pearls (and ear, haha).

Kay: lovely inspiration photos! Based on my limited experience with custom settings, prices aren't so bad when melee diamonds are used. Still affordable though the settings may end up costing more than the pearls.

Chroman: I always look up Jewelmer when I need inspiration for GSSPs. I visited Manila a few years back and may still have some photos. Will post if I find them.

Not the clearest... But here are some from the displays.
7 3806 w
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Floating Island of Pearls

Wow stunning sets, I will be happy with just one of these sets!
IcyJade I love your dangle earrings, very versatile and beautiful.

wow- incredible inspiration photos, Icy. Wish I lived the type of lifestyle to wear things like that!!!

Icy, love the SS drop earrings you showed earlier. They have just the right amount of sparkle to me. Are the drops separate from the diamond huggies? I've been trying to find just the right huggies to hang pearls from and am having a difficult time. Do you mind telling me who made yours?

Thanks for the fabulous photos, Icy Jade. I especially love the first necklace.

I was in Union Sq in SF the other day during lunch, and in one of the windows of a jewelry store I don't recall which one now :( , I saw Golden South Sea Pearls, with Yellow Sapphires (don't think they were diamonds) set in Black gold, it was very striking. I didn't have the ability to take photos. If I get a chance and can remember where it was I will take a cell pic and post here.

I would love to see pictures of that piece, BlackPearlDudeDC.

May I have a question. One of my friend told me the trick that if you rub two SSP together, it has the powder comes out but wouldn't leave any mark on the pearl. Isn't it true how to test for SSP?

Not a method I would recommend! Instead, if you are looking for identification, take a crisp photo on a white background, using your camera's macro (usually a little flower) function. If you post that photo on this forum with a request to identify, you will get many expert opinions. And absolutely no risk of unintended damage to your pearls!

Yikes, Baby-Love, no rubbing pearls so hard as to pulverize the surface!! :eek:
Please do as JerseyPearl suggests instead.

JerseyPearl,
Thank you for your answer. I know for sure that my pearl is SSP, but I just surprise to hear that method that's why I bring it here to ask if any of you have ever heard of this.

Back