First SSP strand. But are they real???

OMG, what a spectacular necklace! I agree that it should be shorter. Let us know how many pearls you and up removing. I'd definitely make dangle earrings, and maybe a ring!

I love the idea of earrings, but unfortunately I don't have ear piercing, Neithwr does my mum. Think I'll definitely use 2 or 3 to make an enhancer.
Does anyone have recommendations in where I can get it done?

Last edited:
If you live in HKG, gssp newbie is in the best position to recommend a local jeweler. There is really no substitute to having it done with a craftsman (or a budding jewelry designer) with whom you have direct face-to-face contact.

If you're feeling more adventurous, there's always indoseapearls (https://www.facebook.com/IndoSeaPearls), who works out of Jakarta.

If you're good with your hands, why don't you buy findings online (or in your city) and do it yourself? I myself have dismantled my tahitian necklace and playing with the matching and pairing now.

Those pearls look absolutely gorgeous! Be sure to post some photos of what you end up doing with the 'left overs' lol (by the way..since the person you bought them from has a store in HKG why not go back there to have the work done? They can certainly restring it for you and provide a better clasp I would think..)

Wendy, you do have a way with words !! lol Perfect !

I love the idea of earrings, but unfortunately I don't have ear piercing, Neithwr does my mum. Think I'll definitely use 2 or 3 to make an enhancer.
Does anyone have recommendations in where I can get it done?

hi, i sent u pm.. let me know which one you prefer and i can send u the contact details.

Wendy, you do have a way with words !! lol Perfect ![/QUOTE]
Thanks Kathleen. Years of getting legal concepts into student heads, I suspect.

As promised, I updated the post and added photos of the end product of these extra pearls. :)

Thanks for updating. It was so fun to reread the thread! How many pearls did you end up removing?

I'd love to see a new neck shot with the shortened length.

Thanks Pattye, that's so kind of you! I really hope she likes them.

BAS, I ended up taking off 6 pearls, three made into a set for my mum, and three just lying there as spares (see the photos I added). Because I want to go for a shorter youthful look. And if I decide I don't like them, I can always add a few back in. What do you think?

Instead of an enhancer, how about making a tin cup necklace or bracelet instead with the spare pearls?

DK :)

Thank you so much for the added photos. What do I think? I think, for the first time ever, that I want a necklace like this.

They look fantastic! Wow!!!

Enjoy and wear in the best of health. I also love the earrings and pendant you made! Well done all around. And with three gorgeous pearls to spare!

Thanks for the update - everything looks terrific. Lucky Mother, Lucky YOU. :cool:

Creampuff,

How perfect the shortened strand looks on you! You're a vision indeed in that black dress! You must be very petite to be able to remove (6!) pearls, and the necklace still isn't as short as choker length! So enjoyable to revisit your inspirations, Grace and Diana, who wore their pearls so beautifully.

Your necklace reminded me, recently one of our members wrote about recreating a short necklace, inspired by Anne Hathaway's pearls, extremely graduated, with both SS and freshwater pearls.

Yes, you've achieved a stylish, young, yet classic look!

Back