Newbie Set

gssp newbie

Community member
View attachment 28450

I am a newbie to gold ssp and this is my first set. Its not as nice as those Ive seen in the forum but these keep me happy for now. I got another gold ssp ring which is also 10mm but the color is not as golden as the set thus thought maybe its not as worthy to share the photo... Photo was taken indoors with natural lighting.

They're beautiful. As someone told me, all golden SSPs are special, so show off your ring!

And they could be better? ;) They look perfect to me. I particularly like the ones that have a green overtone and yours might just have a touch of that.

Beautiful pearls in lovely settings! Enjoy and wear them in health. Now, please share a shot of your ring! We do love pearl pictures here!

Yes, post the ring by all means!

Your pearls are beautiful and the settings are elegant. I particularly like the pendant finding.

Thanks everyone for all your encouragement.:) Here is the ring.. It doesnt match quite as nicely as the pendant and the earrings (note they were bought on separate occasions) and the setting is on yellow gold.. let me just figure out how to add the attachment.. newbie here too! haha..

View attachment 28455

Found just how to do it.. was too excited to respond couldnt wait for the reply to thread button to load... lol!

The ring is also 10mm but appears (to me) to be very slightly smaller than the pendant.. its funny because i was expecting that if it is lighter, it will look bigger. To me the color is closer to champagne than gold. but I do like the setting!

Hokaaaay, pretty, pretty ring! The rest also, but love the ring!

thanks! will do that soon... not used to wearing flashy in the office although this one seems still ok.. i should try to take a photo with it on my finger.:)

What a way to start! Not like me who bought a $75 strand of dyed FW posing as Tahitians (and I believed it...).

- Karin

My thoughts exactly, Karin. This "newbie" jumped off the deep end. But it looks like her bravery paid off.

View attachment 28460
due to request.. here it is on my hand..

sorry i should clarify.. its my newbie gssp set and i should rename my username to gssp newbie instead.. am i allowed to do that though?

i have a few whites in possession... my real first ssp was 9 or 10mm whites set on yellow gold (with ribbons) received as a gift more than 10 yrs back followed by the 11mm drop earrings.. then came the strand (i personally chose the design for the clasp). you would notice its small... comparable to the akoyas (see photo of 3 of them alongside each other). the ssp is more silvery in color.. (any thoughts on this? i bought it from a trusted jeweller in hk and he even has a buy back policy.. what is the smallest possible ssp i wonder?) and the most recent one is the 14mm ring set on white gold with diamonds.. i gifted myself with that on my last birthday.

i used to be a fan of classics (silvery whites are my favorite) but now looking for some color... thus the interest on gold

maybe in the future.. subject to budget (of course), i can go for bigger strands... but now i am enjoying my first gssp set.:)

Last edited:
Wow, that is some collection. I think you should probably drop the "newbie" from your username.

Back