re: real SSPs?

Green SSP?
All measure in nice round numbers-- 8mm, 16mm etc.
No visible flaws
And what the heck are Titus diamonds?

I say they are fakes. Shell "pearls"

Hi Pearl Dreams,

I dunno about the Green SSPs... I think they were dyed green :(.

titus diamonds are short for small brilliant diamonds "brilliantitos" hence the word Titus :).

do you think the pearls in the second link are also shell pearls?

Jeangrey1

I don't know, to be honest-- let's wait for more opinions. I don't own any SSP.

Never heard of anyone dying SSP's green - only FW.

Jeangrey1 - are those the only pictures to the pearls you're looking at? They don't look very impressive to me. Even if they are SSP they don't seem to have any luster.

We'll be happy to help you spend your money if you tell us about your project :) Personally I wouldn't put them there.

- Karin

Welcome Jeangrey,

If I used the conversion calculator correctly, in Philippine pesos 4,000 = approx US $92. My hunch is that most, if not all of these are imitation pearls. The pearls you show just don't look like the real thing.

But there are affordable SSP to be had, and there are lots of savvy shoppers here to help you find them!

Karin, there are plenty of SSP dyed in green. In Lombok, the green and chocolate dyed pearls are popular and can be found on any pearl store.

Jeangrey1, I think they're real SSP. But like Karin said, they appear to have low luster and not good grade. This type of pearls are sold for low price despite its big size, and usually will receive color treatment to enhance the appearance. I posted below picture before on another thread, to compare between low luster and good luster SSP.

View attachment 25043

However, maybe you can try and ask whether they have return policy, in case you're curious with the pearls.

Karin, there are plenty of SSP dyed in green. In Lombok, the green and chocolate dyed pearls are popular and can be found on any pearl store.

Thanks for the additional info, Perlinda! You would know so much better than me.

- Karin

Hi all! Thanks for the infos! will surely keep them in mind.

The seller gave me additional photos: I specifically asked for 16.5mm round white and gold (unenhanced/untreated) ssps. They are selling them to me at Php9,000.00 per pearl. Here are the pics. Tell me what you think about them. gold ssp 16.5 pic 2.jpggold ssp16.5.jpgsatin white 16.5mm.jpg

Hi Pattye,

So sorry for the late reply: I was busy with fieldwork. :( Nope, this is a different seller. The seller I bought my ruined "golden SSPs" has her store located in Aldevinco Mall in Davao City.

Back