Best South Sea Pearl Online Vendors???

pearlywhites

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a pair of South Sea Pearl earrings.

I have heard of Pearl Paradise and a few others. But I'm wondering which store has THE BEST SS pearls! Or is the quality all the same? I'm so lost, I don't even know if they come certified?

Also, what is a good size for earrings for day and evening wear?

Welcome, pearlywhites,

White SS pearl earrings? Or Golden? There is no store that has "THE BEST SS" pearls! Sorry. But some research on your part will help you get very good value to fit your BUDGET and what you want in an earring! In the earring wardrobe you have now, do you tend to go bold or more petite? Personally, I prefer earrings no smaller than 9-10mm for basic studs on most women. Larger in drop style. A purchase of SS earrings is worth careful consideration.

Please tell us more about what you've seen, tried on, if you prefer stud or dangle, and approx budget! What's in your pearl wardrobe already? We love to help you shop! I'm sure others will be delighted to chime in here.

Golden SSP comes in various shades, from light to deep gold. You have to decide first the size and the color you want. And then, you can contact each online vendor to find you a pair of golden SSP as you requested (color/shape/size). I think it's fair if you ask for real pictures and not the stock photo of the pearls. A good, reliable online vendor would be happy to assist you with such query.

Do you want simple stud or dangle earrings? Or do you want it in certain design? Some online vendors can help in designing for you. Tell us more what you need, and the experts in the forum would be able to help you decide :)

Hi
First of all you need to define what sort of earrings you want...studs or drops..what colour of pearl..what metal....and even define THE BEST. Because there are degrees of best and when you get up there in the rarified heights of the best then the best of the best can get very expensive.
Where are you?

I want studs for daytime and evening wear. Actually I need them more for daytime as I have alot of dangle, drop earrings for evening. I just wondered since you all are pearl experts, whether the quality (luster, beauty) of pearls is pretty uniform because of the AAA grading or any certs, or whether they vary widely depending on which vendor you get them from and the particular "batch" or crop. Also, a friend told me since I am Asian that I might get much better prices in Asia. I'm located in NY, but I could have a friend get them for me from HK or Taiwan......I would like them set in white gold or platinum posts. Please let me know! Thanks for any help!

Paspaley is the "best", if you mean most expensive best branded, most famous, and by far, most expensive.

R&B pearls are the"best" if you want to go to their pearl farm and pick out your own. The QEII has one of theirs!

Pearl Paradise is "the best" if you want a safe online experience with reasonable prices for the quality of pearls and they have a good selection.

But the "best" for you may be a one of a kind on Etsy.

Forget Taiwan. Hong Kong tourist places aren't going to be that good either.

Take Pearl Paradise. They have expert buyers with long term relationships with a varieties of factories in China. They buy in quantities that allow for the best pricing you can get. They go over personally and pick out strands and train the factory to sort the way they want it. Even when they buy in Hong Kong, they get prices no friend will ever see. Then they pass the savings on to the consumer, of skipping the middlemen and importers and wholesalers. If you don't see what you want on their website, call them. They have lots of unlisted pearls at any given time.

That goes for any pearl you see on any website under a member's name. Good luck! And take your time!

Thank you so much for the help!

I tried on white SS round studs at Mikimoto, and I am officially in LOVE with pearls!!! I never realized how gorgeous pearls are. I know this is blasphemy here on a pearl forum, but I realized I had only seen cheap probably man-made pearls before!

So my question is how the heck are the Mikimoto 11mm ones $6700, and the Pearl Paradise ones $1000???? And Mikimoto's are A+ grade, and Pearl Paradise ones are AAA. Are the Mikimoto ones alot more beautiful with nicer luster? Or is it just rent I'm helping to defray?

Thanks!!

Rent, brand name -- you name it. The grading system is not uniform. You would do best to look at the information section on the PG guide and read up about the grades and what they mean, the different colors etc. Look around and really educate yourself as much as you can, then set a budget and shop around! Try some on. I love Golden SS, but they aren't the best pearl on me. Find something you love in your budget. Wish I had a pair to list, but all I have are drops.

Back