Outrageous Octopus

Caitlin

Look at this!!!

Woodburning sauna on the dock!
Sevan Bicakci was recognized with first place in the Pearls Category for his eerie octopus ring/cuff made in 24-karat gold and sterling silver with more than 3,000 hand-set multicolored diamonds, 164 hand-set seed pearls, and one South Sea baroque pearl.

Wow, a bracelet and a ring combined! Now that is thinking outside of the box.

His work is amazingly intricate, especially the ring with Hagia Sophia.

amazing! those look like pieces that the characters in 'game of thrones' would wear! (anyone watch that? kind of a sci-fi history hybrid thingey...... it's actually not bad)

amazing! those look like pieces that the characters in 'game of thrones' would wear! (anyone watch that? kind of a sci-fi history hybrid thingey...... it's actually not bad)

I am reading the books at the moment, awesome writing! Did you know that the Jaime Lannister character is Danish?

- Karin

WOW.. The Octopus is just WOW!!! Reminds me of the 16th century European Pendants. Only for a modern audience! Ohhh, the rings with the scenes from Istanbul & Tulips in them!! Reminds me of long ago days of Ottoman splendor! Sigh.

I have tried several times to read the series. I never seem to get very far. Does not call to me to become immersed in the story. Hoping to try again in a couple months.

Cheers
Ash

Love the Octopus jewellery and love the Game of Thrones. You are so right. They would go together.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://stores.ebay.com/Dawns-Designer-Collections
Natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover

Gorgeous! I love it and can see Sheri wearing it - Sheri where are you???

I just went through Sheri's underwater photos on FB. Amazing love story!

Oh golly good gawd, absolutely fabbo! That Sevan Bicakci creature is a magnificent sight to behold. Alex: thanks for the pix. I love them so!

If you have my kind of budget though, here's some Ottoman chic on the cheap - Sadik on Figistanbul on Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/FIGistanbul?section_id=6129313

Attachments

• virgin island, palawan
    virgin island, palawan
    21.8 KB · Views: 47
  • sabang beach, palawan
    sabang beach, palawan
    28.4 KB · Views: 46
  • skin diving at pambato reef, palawan
    skin diving at pambato reef, palawan
    20 KB · Views: 50
I had to comment again after re-reading the thread (sorry, playing catch-up)...

Caitlin: You reckon how big is that orb of a pearl? It's humongous!

Alex: That Neptune pearl studded one you were after is sheer genius. If it were in my budget, the citrine, gold and diamond gee gaw is more my kind of style. But really when I see designs like this I ache and hunger to pick the brains of these artists.. . To be endowed with such creative genius; what a blessing.

In honor of Caitlin's original post:

octo.0.0.jpg

Whoopi.-Goldbergs.-Octopus.-Jewelry.-Oscars-@whoopigoldberg.jpg

Back