Paspaley Pearl Raffle Donation for Flood Relief

Paspearls has been doing some interesting stuff lately. That harvest tour with the hotel visit sounds like a winner for the whole clan, and this is good publicity -plus the necklace- a worthy prize. Hope to hear who wins.

Who's buying a ticket or three?

Magnificent, but you'd have to be wealthy to be able to afford to pay the taxes on such a prize!

No taxes on raffle prizes in Australia, Pearl Dreams!
Yes the entry price is high but wow, wouldn't it be fabulous to win! Many Australians wouldn't blink at donating that sort of money directly to the flood relief - honestly it has been an horrific summer here in Australia. The Queensland floods destroyed tens of thousands of homes, thousands of businesses, and killed 35 people, with some still missing.
I would LOVE to buy a ticket!!

Nice to see not only Paspaley, but some of Sydney's most exclusive restaurants supporting this appeal... corporate citizenship is alive and well!

Hmmm. 1 chance in 100. I've played longer odds and won....though nothing quite as fab as an $80K necklace. I not only feel lucky...I am lucky. Anybody going? I could be a buyer.

If one can afford the $2000 it would be well worth going into. Not only a very worthy cause but what a prize. Magnificent prize and gesture. Australians have donated so many millions I have lost track. One one day alone at a Cricket Match 6 million was raised by sponsers, cricketers and spectators, phone ins etc. I found it hard to imagine so much in one day.

But it will take many, many Billions to cover the damage and many years. First the floods and then the cyclone. Then the wildfires in Western Australia. We are really taking a hammering.

Dawn - Bodecia
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 - natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover.

If I had the money, I'd buy up 40 tickets or so. A good cause and improved chances of winning! And what a provenance! Good luck Ben and others who do it. It is such good karma for the $$$ to go for relief, but to get a prize for it is lovely.
And no Taxes!!!!! Whoopee ti-yi-oh, get along little dogies!! Maybe New England will be your new home.

Last edited:
No taxes on raffle prizes in Australia, Pearl Dreams! ...

Then it would be good for someone who won them in Australia! But if someone in the USA wins them, they still have to pay taxes on the full value to Uncle Sam; it's considered income.

I'm not saying that to discourage donations, but just so that a possible US winner doesn't have a bad surprise when the tax bill comes.

Back