Searching for baroque golden ss pearl strand

T

tahitiangirl

Hi everyone. I am in the market for the item described in the title and was wondering what the price usually is and if it is possible to get a necklace that is not cultured?
Thanks,
-Steph

Hi Steph,

No, it won't be possible to get a strand that is not cultured. They just don't exist commercially.

Price will range drastically depending on size, shape, color, luster and blemishes. You can spend as little as $1,000 or as much at $50,000 depending on these factors.

Hi Casey,

LOVE the goldens in the baroque shape! Checked a few of our members websites, prices start at well under $1000 and up! Remember, everything they have may not be shown on their website. You can always call and talk to them and see what might be in stock. Especially if you know pretty much what you want. There is a huge range of colors under "golden". Also buy from one of the trusted dealers because there are a LOT of dyed goldens floating around.

Finding the right golden shade for one's complexion took me 2 tries, so I was most glad to be working with someone who had a liberal return/exchange policy.

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Yes, cultured baroque are readily to be had.

Like pattye mentioned, most companies (yes, ours included) have a large selection that are not posted on their web sites, and many companies will let you come in and view their entire selection before making a purchase.

I'd recommend staying away from any dyed goldens, since there are plenty of natural color goldens available at all price points.

If you wanted just one (pendant)... I would have said: give yourself time (= quite a bit) and try for a keshi pearl of acceptable shape and color somewhere in the 'golden' range.

A whole strand of such ... unless seed-like small... I wouldn't know if it is reasonable to ask for at all. I have seen two overall, and the look may not be what you expect (very baroque, misshapen pearls most of them, and very strongly graduated and also very, very cherry priced).

Golden baroques sounds a w e s o m e ! :cool:

I bought one of the first golden baroque strands offered online by PP and I love it. Mine looks round from a distance, not unless you are infringing on personal space boundaries do you notice it's not round if I'm wearing it. In the box you can see some pearls are more drop or oblong then round. It tends more to the yellow then gold (I would love to find a bronze hued baroque strand, they look like they've been dipped in liquid gold), but I like it.

I love my strand, too. I wore it when I got married. :) Mine is a softer golden color that I really like. But, I could also be talked into one of those really deep gold strands. Those pearls are just amazing.

I have a nice baroque strand I bought about a month ago. The color is like "Irish Butter" to quote Kirsten at PP. I am sure most of the vendors here would be willing to send you a hank or two to select from before you buy. Prices are much less than at a B&M store. You can buy a strand for about the same price as a nice Freshwater strand from a B&M store. And most of the vendors on this forum have generous return policys. Don't be shy..buy.

I actually like the pale ones best. It's on my pearl wish list along with a sea of cortez pendant....sigh.

Back