Need help on this round WSS strand!

PearlBunny

Hi all, would love your opinion on this 18 inch strand of round 9-11.5 WSS pearls, about $2750 including stringing and 14k gold ball clasp. Of note, the earring studs are various pairs and will be a few hundred extra. Let me know which pair you think is a best match for the necklace. Also, the photo with the multiple strands, the strand I’m considering is the middle strand and that’s the one in all the other photos.

My thoughts: pros: good luster, slight blemish only, nice round shape, good (enough matching). Reputable vendor (others here have bought from). Price seems fair to me. Cons: slight cream tone although may suit me. I haven’t had a cream toned strand before, but recently tried one on and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be on me.

471978F0-848F-435F-9F31-601522452B82.jpeg

562A0F96-1B90-43F5-8FE0-06871E52337F.jpgCDE45F66-0326-44D3-97FB-2FF731FB39CC.jpg7B92E36F-01D3-4822-8289-DAAF2698A87A.jpgC8219C36-D1D6-4DFF-ABA2-2215B270A1EA.jpg

Last edited:
I like the middle strand best, too. As far as the earrings go, the right pair matches the necklace. HOWEVER, your ears are far enough away from your neck that matching won't matter. I think the pair on the left is prettier, but I know my ears, and the smaller pair would be more comfortable. Your mileage will vary. Some people love big studs, and the position of their holes can position the pearl so it looks good. I know my earlobes have a weight limit of 9.5 mm on studs.

Many thanks for taking the time to comment and to share your tips about picking earring stud sizes. Good point in that given the physical distance between ears and neck that I needn’t fret about a perfect match.

If I may ask, does the price sound ok to you too? I know it’s tough to comment based on a few Internet photos, but I’m quite new to WSS and would appreciate any tips re pricing. I’ve seen WSS prices run a very wide range so not sure where to start really to be honest. I don’t need a “deal” as I believe in paying fair prices for good quality products, and have used recommended sites such as PP to help guide me in my baby steps.

Thanks Pattye for your reassurance! There’s a 30 day 100% refund window and vendor is in the US so should be easy in case I don’t like it, although I hope I will since I hate the hassle of returns and inconveniencing the vendor (who has been quite kind and accommodating with photos so far).

PS I love the rose toned gimp and silk thread I got from your fantastic Etsy shop a few weeks ago! Thanks so much! I’m learning to knot for fun although I’m still very very slow!

Last edited:
That sounds perfect, PearlBunny! We hope you love your elegant pearls and will be looking forward to the photos!

Yay for you, learning to knot! Don't worry about speed. As you practice you will develop your own rhythm and be able to knot with consistency. I'm glad the supplies are working well for you!

I honestly can't tell if the price is good, but the pearls look nice in your photo.

I also like the middle strand...it may not be as large but it has great luster and depth in its pearls, looks very clean. Like it a lot :)

Hi Douglas, so sorry if I wasn’t clear on the first post, but the middle strand is the one I’m thinking of purchasing and is the one in all the other photos, so yes, glad to hear you like it too ;)

The size and luster on that middle strand is wonderful! Enjoy!

Well...from my perspective: GREAT CHOICE!!! :D

This is beautiful. Which earrings did you pick?

Back