Wondering if these are Australian SSP

Koko

Hi everyone.

A seller sent me these pictures. I was looking for baroque pearls. She told me that they are of better quality than the champagne and golden SSP that she has in stock because these are from Australia. According to her, they are 12 to 13mm each and she is selling them for PhP30, 000 or around $600.

Just wondering if you guys could comment on lustre and orient. Do you think I should get them?

Thanks 😊

is this a south sea? Size is 12-13 mm.

Last edited by a moderator:
600$ for those are way too much. I looks like they could be south sea pearls though.

Agreed. Quite possibly south sea pearls and the luster looks nice, but with rings and those irregular shapes, not worth the price she is asking.

Yes, I agree with the above comments. Possibly SSP but too much money for those shapes.

I agree with the others, both on the price being high and on them appearing to be genuine SS pearls. One reason they looked genuine to me is that the white color leans more "blue-ish," as is common with white SS pearls, whereas Freshwater pearls (their less expensive imitators) commonly have a "yellowish" tone.

They certainly appear to be WSS pearls. So many sellers say their pearls are from Australia.... it's very seldom true. They say that to justify a higher price. These are lower quality WSS circles but they are a decent size. Frankly I'd say that her retail should be about 300$ at the very most ... around there. Way over valued.

Back