White South Sea Pearl Studs from Pearl Paradise have arrived

piggychai

Hi all,

I am a recent lurker on this forum, and have decided to create an account here to show the South Sea pearl studs that Peter from Pearl Paradise had very kindly picked out for me.

This is my first foray into pearls - I only ever had a pair of freshwater wire-wrapped pearl studs that I wore for the last two years. For the past two months, I vacillated between the naturally white Hanadama pearl studs or the white South Seas. I have never liked the hard, mirror-like shine of Akoyas, and the SSP studs were a bit out of my price range. When Peter told me that Pearl Paradise was about to commence their 20% sitewide sale, I decided to take the plunge and place an order for the Rolls Royce of the pearl community. The characteristics of a W SSP also match what I'd prefer for my first "grown-up" stud - creamy, glowy, and ethereal, similar to perhaps what Galadriel from Tolkien's Legendarium might adorn herself with.

Today, my studs have arrived, and I was blown away. For the first time in my life, I can see my own reflection in a pearl, down to being able to discern my eyelashes (or eye line). They are gorgeous and are exactly what I have requested for. I tried them on for a brief while, and they glow. They made my complexion look brighter and thank goodness, less tired from all those late nights. I hope to be able to post some ear shots later.

First image: A photo from Peter, allowing me to select the pair of SSP I prefer. I selected the one with the blue tag.
Two pairs of matching white South Sea pearls

Second image: A photo of the stud in direct sunlight. This is the most colour-true representation I could get. In real life, it is slightly whiter, a bit more bluish (similar to the image above) and dare I say, more glowy.
South Sea pearl studs from PP

Here are the rest of the images in a sad attempt to capture their true brilliance. It is much more breathtaking in real life.
South Sea pearl studs

White South Sea pearl earrings

Beautiful white South Sea pearl studs

Overall, I am very pleased with my experience with Pearl Paradise, and a very huge thank you to Peter for service most excellent. This was a 25th birthday gift to myself, and I know that this pair of pearls will accompany me throughout my personal and professional journey for many years to come.

Yikes! Could they be any prettier? I am truly looking forward to the ear shots. Congratulations.

Beautiful, Piggychai! I love WSS's & I'm sure they will look perfect on you! Welcome to PG. Looking forward to ear shots of you new pearls!

Lovely studs. I have added a pair of WSS studs in my wishlist now :)

Thank you all for the warm wishes and welcome!

I am immensely happy wearing my pearl studs out today. I was initially apprehensive as I thought these 8.0 to 9.0mm studs would be too large and ostentatious, but after reading how quite a few here regretted purchasing smaller studs a few years into their collection, I decided to take the risk. I’m glad I did as I have fleshy earlobes and these sit prettily against them.

In direct sunlight, beside the window:
8.0 to 9.0mm studs white south sea

Beside a wall:
8.0 to 9.0mm white south sea studs

Bathroom pic, with sunlight streaming in from the top window. This is the most accurate representation of the pearl’s colour and lustre:
wearing my pearl paradise 8.0 to 9.0mm white south sea studs

Last photo of how an 8.0 to 9.0mm pearl stud would look like peeking out from under long (and dark) hair:
wearing my pearl paradise 8.0 to 9.0mm white south sea studs

I am pleased as punch, really! I can’t stomp beaming whenever I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, because I can see these gorgeous pearls winking at me from under my hair!

You look terrific! I see what you mean, because they are the perfect compliment to your coloring.

Beautiful choice, and the pearls look wonderful on you, piggychai! I am thinking you will be adding more to your pearl wardrobe over time. :rolleyes:

They are beautiful pearls and look wonderful on you. I think the size is perfect.

Perfect studs!!!! You will never regret buying those. They are gorgeous.

Welcome to the forum :) I've turned your photos so we can see your lovely new pearls; they look so nice against your dark hair; Congratulations.

Wearing white South Sea studs
South Sea pearl studs
Australian South Sea pearl earrings
South Sea pearl (white) stud earrings

I think they're a perfect size for your ears & sit nicely on your lobe. They look beautiful on you. You'll cherish them for years!

Back