What colours do you think will be "in" for this year?

LondonPearl

So here is the question ......We are working to prepare goods for the Vicenza and Hong Kong shows over the next few weeks and the real question is.... what colour do you think will be popular this coming year? We have had quite a few unusual bespoke requests in the last week like the light grey Tahiti and pink freshwater 13-16 pictured below .... but what is the trend out there?

thumbnail.jpg

WOW, are these two separate necklaces or a double?

Really, who can predict? The deep natural shades of Edisons can be very flattering, but who knows what the availability will be. Any dark purples in freshwater perhaps. Seems like overall, we've seen more appreciation of (Tahitian) silvers with overtones and keshi. Perhaps the trend will be to add more artistic and baroque pearls, multicolor strands, regardless of colors, to one's collection of more traditional knotted strands.

As a graphic designer and photographer, we (me, fellow photographers) are educated guesstimating that along with the pantone color of the year ("living coral") we will see a lot of lighter, pastel-y colors this year in general design trend.

Overall, it will be a year for less saturated colors but we will see a lot of light and "muddled" colors make headway -- think mushroom gray, light lilacs, gentle & creamy oranges.

Of course, this may be entirely wrong but this is just our guess. I obviously can't speak to the pearl industry specifically, but if pearls at all follows the rest of the trends, I think you're already pretty spot on. The pearls in your photo are very light and gently toned.

WOW, are these two separate necklaces or a double?

Really, who can predict? The deep natural shades of Edisons can be very flattering, but who knows what the availability will be. Any dark purples in freshwater perhaps. Seems like overall, we've seen more appreciation of (Tahitian) silvers with overtones and keshi. Perhaps the trend will be to add more artistic and baroque pearls, multicolor strands, regardless of colors, to one's collection of more traditional knotted strands.

Hi Pattye - thanks for the reply. They are two separate necklaces that can be worn as one. Up here in the UK we seldom see that round bright thing in the sky called the sun. I think in daylight the two necklaces would appear slightly less intense than in the photograph. Many of our customers are in Northern Europe where skin colour tends to be lighter. The deep Edison’s for most customers tend to be “too much”. The baby pink we used on this commission works very well with the very light grey Tahiti.

I have no idea what the color mavens are predicting, but I'm being drawn to "dusty" colors right now. Mauve, olive, mustard, lilac, linen. That's just my personal feeling. I have no idea what other people like.

Last edited:
It seems every few years they try to push orange on us. Wasn't Tangerine Dream or something like that, the in color a couple years ago?

BWeaves, did you talk of the psychedelic music team? All my youth.
Orange is not an usual pearl tone, I have one, flameball, but never found the second!
Then, people which doesn't know pearls also doesn't believe this pearl is not dyed (But it's already true with golden pearls, in France :p)
About this fashion of colours, that would be a happy disaster if everybody suddenly would wear it, a full street of pink or tangerine!.. Much more than a mushroom's effect;)

Last edited:
Back