SS Pendant Ideas

TXPearlLV

Hey Pearl Experts,
My sister purchased a really nice SSP to make a necklace with rubies...well her idea was an epic fail. Now she's kicking herself for overspending on the pearl. It is drilled through so she doesn't have a clue on what to do with it. I told her she could still use it to make a pendant but she can't visualize it. Besides the floating pearl on a chain, do you have any ideas on how to make it something she loves?

Sarah at Kojima Pearl does some amazing work with drilled through pearls and high karat gold.

I have a floating-pearl-on-a-chain WSS necklace and I wear it a lot, so please don't dismiss the idea too quickly. If you have a pretty, delicate gold chain, it can be lovely.

I would suggest looking at SS pendants on eBay, you'll get some ideas. WSS pearls and diamonds go well. She could still do something with rubies, too.

I like all kinds of pearl pendants, but I think simple ones like this are especially charming!

211946_334516_1400x.jpg

You can always glue the head of a small headpin at the bottom hole to close it. I have had spare pearls from necklaces reset as earrings that way. It doesn’t show at all. She could look at the pendant findings at some of the dealers. Pearl Paradise for one will set your own pearl in one of their findings.

- Karin

Floating pearls are a bit tricky to do because the hole has to perfectly to the flange. It's probably going to need to be redrilled to make a floating pearl work.

Another alternative is a pendant, with a bezel set gemstone to use on the bottom of the pearl.

Back