Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearls from Palawan, Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearls from Palawan, Philippines

Hi,

My name is Reema. I recently joined this forum because I love Pearls and I want to get to know about pearls and make informed buying decisions

I am interested in buying Golden South Sea Pearls and a friend told me about Palawan Pearls. I have connected with a seller online who has 4 Golden Palawan South Sea Pearls, each 12.5mm and according to her, very high quality. She has quoted a price of 18500 Philipinne Peso (about $453 CAD OR $347 USD). I am not sure about the quality of these pearls.

The colour of the pearls is Gold but not deep gold. The seller was kind enough to send me photos of the pearls and a comparison photo between the gold and deep gold pearls. Click image for larger version

Name:	Gold Palawan SS Pearls 12.5mm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	415015
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Gold and Deep Gold Palawan SS Pearls .jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	415016

I find the colour to be very different from some of the other Golden South Sea Pearls I have seen.

Have these pearls been colour enhanced? I don't have a good idea about the Palawan Pearls or their prices so any guidance will be great and really appreciated

Take care and warm regards
    Last edited by Reema; 08-17-2018, 08:01 PM.

Reema,

Welcome to the forum! Your pearls look beautiful! However, we've been told there is no way to tell from photos if the pearls are color enhanced and I'm not familiar with Palawan Pearls.
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Hi Pattye,

Thank you for your reply. You are right about not being able to tell if the pearls have been colour enhanced from photographs.

Thanks and warm regards

Comment

When the pearls are bought from Greenhills in Manila or other markets in the Philippines other than in the stores of Jewelmer, the chance is very high that the pearls are enhanced. The luster is medium.

Comment

Originally posted by Cees View Post
          When the pearls are bought from Greenhills in Manila or other markets in the Philippines other than in the stores of Jewelmer, the chance is very high that the pearls are enhanced. The luster is medium.
          Hi Cees,
          Thank you for your reply and for sharing the information about pearls from the Philippines. I have decided not to buy these pearls. I was just not getting a good feeling about the colour and your message has just confirmed my doubts.
          Best regards
          Last edited by Reema; 08-18-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much, Cees; I trust your opinion. You see many GSS in person, many more than most of us do.
            Pattye

Comment

You did the right thing. Cees knows his GSS pearls ( and all the other ones as well) and I would trust his opinion. I think the colour looks off especially on the darker pair.
              https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
              https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

Hi Katbran,

Thank you for your reply. I agree, the colour looks a little off on the dark gold pair. I think it will be best to wait and buy GSS pearls when I am totally confident of the quality. I love pearls and I want to build a good collection which I can enjoy myself and then later on give them to both of my daughters

Take care and have a lovely weekend

Comment

I will echo what Katbran said about Cees and his pearls...he really does have a wonderful eye!
                  http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                  Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

Purchased as loose GSS pearl from Palawan made into pendant. Light color, but I like it.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	6F3145CE-5EE9-4C5B-A8FB-FD114C8B8E85.jpg
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	383656

Comment

Hmm, how would you describe the color of the pearl, MTB? On my monitor it looks rather pink? Or it may be reflecting something. It is very pretty!
                      Pattye

Comment

It does look pink in picture, but itʻs actually a light gold. I canʻt seem to get the lighting right in pictures

Comment

Are you sure it is not an Edison pearl?

Comment

Hi Cees, not sure. Good to know. Will try to take picture of this pearl next to the pearl I purchased from you and post. Thank you!

Comment

A white paper towel will show the color better.

Comment

Working...
                              X