Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The lovely shades of golden south sea pearls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pareltje
    replied
    Eric, you have a scientist's approach to pearls.
    Sunseeker, thank you for your sweet words.

Leave a comment:

• SunSeeker
    replied
    pareltje, your pearls are stunning! ..love your clasp too, what a nice design!

Leave a comment:

• ericw
    replied
    [QUOTE=Pareltje;204678]
    Eric, mother nature is interesting, right? She produces a lot of unique colors.

I agree you, of course, Pareltje! I explain a bit why I wonder how does nacre produce its colours : nature use two phenomenons to make colours, one is "fixe" colour of something ( by light absorption/emission, giving the white of milk, for exemple), and second by the way of refraction, like colours of butterfly wings. Then, nacre seems to use these two ways, together, to produce such nice colours. That is amazing (and sorry to keep always a physicist curiosity's view about thinks)
    Last edited by ericw; 06-12-2018, 01:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pareltje
    replied
    Thank you for your compliments, eric, Sanippy.
    Eric, mother nature is interesting, right? She produces a lot of unique colors.
    Bailey, I bought the clasp in a brick and mortar pearl shop in the diamond district of Antwerp.

Leave a comment:

• Bailey1856
    replied
    May i ask where the clasps are from?

Leave a comment:

• Sanippy
    replied
    They are insanely gorgeous pareltje!

Leave a comment:

• ericw
    replied
    Nice, very nice pearls, Pareltje! This nacre colour is a mystery : gold colour is made of metallic yellow with a very little bit of black, this measure is so much thin that it seems incredible nature might succeed to produce it, so pure, and it does...
    Last edited by ericw; 06-10-2018, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mtummybear
    replied
    So beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Would love a piece with these colors, but probably beyond my price range. Enjoy your beautiful pearls!

Leave a comment:

• Pearl Dreams
    replied
    Originally posted by Bcm21mk View Post
    ...Can I get a tutorial on the colors when ordering on the Internet? Am I correct in assuming when the description says 24kt gold that that is the deepest color? ...
    Yes, 24K is darkest. Some vendors use the 14k, 18K etc. categories, others use light-medium-dark, but remember that the colors are made by the oysters, not humans, so in actuality the colors exist along a continuum, from lighter to darker.

In addition to the color, there may be overtones. Pure Pearls has some great information about this (scroll down to the section on GSS pearls.)
    https://www.purepearls.com/pearl-jew...vertones.html:

Also, darker gold color is costlier (because more rare) but may not be the best for every skin tone.

Leave a comment:

• Bcm21mk
    replied
    Hi I am a new member of this forum. I was hoping to, select a tahitian strand, but somehow I am swept up with pp gold south sea Pearl sale. I don't want to be disappointed with the color . Can I get a tutorial on the colors when ordering on the Internet? Am I correct in assuming when the description says 24kt gold that that is the deepest color? Any help would be most appreciated.
    (I've been swooning over all the beautiful photos posted here!)

Leave a comment:

• Pareltje
    replied
    Thanks ladies for your kind compliments.
    Battah, I'm sure dark gold will suit your complexion and the color will pop on your skin.

Leave a comment:

• Fidgetnator
    replied
    Wow, Pareltje, that is one spectacular necklace that looks wonderful on you. The clasp is perfection.
    J.

Leave a comment:

• JerseyPearl
    replied
    So pretty!

Leave a comment:

• Pearl Dreams
    replied
    The lighting in that photo shows off the green and pink overtones!

Leave a comment:

• CathyKeshi
    replied
    Just WAIT till you see that gorgeous necklace and clasp right side up!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0947RSUP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	379301

Leave a comment:

Working...
X