No announcement yet.

The lovely shades of golden south sea pearls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, very nice pearls, Pareltje! This nacre colour is a mystery : gold colour is made of metallic yellow with a very little bit of black, this measure is so much thin that it seems incredible nature might succeed to produce it, so pure, and it does...
    Last edited by ericw; 06-10-2018, 07:09 PM.
    Pearls carver
    www.instagram.com/pearlew_ericwindeck
    www.facebook.com/pearlewindeck

Comment

They are insanely gorgeous pareltje!

Comment

May i ask where the clasps are from?

Comment

Thank you for your compliments, eric, Sanippy.
          Eric, mother nature is interesting, right? She produces a lot of unique colors.
          Bailey, I bought the clasp in a brick and mortar pearl shop in the diamond district of Antwerp.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pareltje;204678]
            Eric, mother nature is interesting, right? She produces a lot of unique colors.

I agree you, of course, Pareltje! I explain a bit why I wonder how does nacre produce its colours : nature use two phenomenons to make colours, one is "fixe" colour of something ( by light absorption/emission, giving the white of milk, for exemple), and second by the way of refraction, like colours of butterfly wings. Then, nacre seems to use these two ways, together, to produce such nice colours. That is amazing (and sorry to keep always a physicist curiosity's view about thinks)
            Last edited by ericw; 06-12-2018, 02:44 PM.
            Pearls carver
            www.instagram.com/pearlew_ericwindeck
            www.facebook.com/pearlewindeck

Comment

pareltje, your pearls are stunning! ..love your clasp too, what a nice design!

Comment

Eric, you have a scientist's approach to pearls.
                Sunseeker, thank you for your sweet words.

Comment

Working...
                X