Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pattye
    replied
    All this talk of goldens inspired me to restring my GSS necklace, which was too short. These don't have strong overtones, but are more greenish. I added GSS keshi across the front. Pearls are 15 mm-12 mm. Obviously, I'm willing to trade higher luster for size and more blemishes. Bracelet displays a range of GSS colors and is up for restringing next. (I bought these about 15 years ago from Druzy Design.)

Finding a store with GSS in stock so you can try on may be difficult, but I hope that will be possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020289.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	379037

Leave a comment:

• Haylea23
    replied
    Wow. I think I just stumbled across heaven in a forum thread.

Those are amazing

Leave a comment:

• Pareltje
    replied
    Thanks for your sweet words, piper.

Leave a comment:

• piper
    replied
    What beauties. Your new strand is a stunning addition to an already gorgeous collection.

Leave a comment:

• Pareltje
    replied
    8mm, I really agree with Katbran. It is better for you to try different array of colors and overtones first to see what looks best on your skin. I've tried different shades of gold and finally I found that the darkest gold with green overtone looks best for my complexion.
    I've seen strands which are just gold, with gold overtone and they are the most common. I've seen a few gold with green overtone and never seen a strand with rose overtone, only single pearls. When the rose is so strong the pearl looks peachy.

Leave a comment:

• Katbran
    replied
    8 mm My experience, limited as it is with GSS, is that Green overtones are the more common and the pink less so. It's good to try a range of colours as they don't always suit... I can't wear them at all.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Pareltje & Pattye! Thank you for your feedback and advice. It is hard to find GSSP in my neighborhood, so I think I will need to go to a bigger city and see if Tiffany may carry inventory. I really love the Golden color pearls as I think it will look great with the accessories I already have. I do like the baroque as my clothes are more casual and I can wear the strand more often. With Goldens I think I would like the luster to be my priority, but color/overtones also plays a part too, so hard to know, unless trying them on and seeing what works. I will take my time as this will be a big purchase. Do you see rose, green, overtones in the strands you purchased? I see those colors on the earrings/single pearls in your pictures and that helps me know what overtones may be seen in the strands.

-8mm
    Last edited by 8mm; 11-09-2017, 04:41 AM. Reason: wanted to add more info

Leave a comment:

• Pareltje
    replied
    Thanks for your sweet compliment, Asurazzy. Now I must stop buying pearls LOL.

Leave a comment:

• asurazzy
    replied
    Waaawwwww they are aweeeesuummm!!!

Leave a comment:

• Pareltje
    replied
    Thank you for your compliments kalmen22, EileenK, Icyjade, Fidgetnator, pattye, Sanippy, battah, 8mm, CrazyMissy and katbran.
    I bought those pearls from different vendors.

@8mm: The darkest gold is my most recent purchase from Cees, they are 13.60x10.10mm according to the tag. It was a very rare occasion that I could see such dark gold, off round to drop shape GSSP strand in person and had the chance to try it on my skin, the color simply pops. This color and overtone had been on my wish list since 2014 and I had been in different brick and mortar shops to find a dark golden strand without ruining my savings. I saw one gorgeous strand a while ago and I turned pale from hearing the price. I'm glad finally I found one and grabbed it immediately when I heard that the strand was still available at the end of October. I just need to find a Koehle clasp, I haven't found any online vendors here in Europe who carry Koehle clasps.....
    I agree with katbran, when purchasing a strand of GSSP it's best if you see it in person, try it against your skin. Or if you purchase online, make sure the vendor is located in your country, has good return policy so when the strand doesn't suit you can always return it without hassle. There are smaller GSSP as well, I saw a strand that consisted of approximately 8-9mm pearls in Mataram, Lombok when I was traveling there in the summer. But the color was not strong so I didn't buy it. I saw a few small ones, as small as 5mm but they're rare.
    Last edited by Pareltje; 11-08-2017, 08:02 AM. Reason: adding info

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    Welcome, 8mm!

Think about what jewelry you already have. How would you describe it? Do you want jewelry you can wear often? Katbran has good suggestions in the post above.

Leave a comment:

• Katbran
    replied
    Beautiful pearls ! Love the dark golds - and the lightbox shot is great for showing the overtones !

8mm- I think its a good idea to go try on different sizes and see what you think. South Sea do tend to be larger but I'm sure you can find some smaller sizes pretty easily. But it's best to try them on .. and if you are thinking of Gold South Sea then it's best to try on the different shades of gold .. from pale to dark and see which best suits your skin tone.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyMissy
    replied
    the deep golden strand caught my eye, really beautiful!

thanks for sharing your collection!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello! Those are such lovely Golden SSP. I am looking to make a purchase and want to know the mm on the necklaces. I'm a petite person and not sure about purchasing such large pearls (10-13 mm) and wanted to ask what size are yours. Also how did you determine which strand or type? Meaning did you prefer near round/ round over baroque? Thanks for any help and response!

Leave a comment:

• battah
    replied
    This is very cool to see, thanks for sharing! I'm definitely drawn to the darkest of the dark for golds - so, so beautiful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X