Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battah
    replied
    I love that strand so much, Parelje! It looks great on you. Dark golds work best on me, too.

Leave a comment:

• kalmen22
    replied
    It's perfect for your skin tone!

Leave a comment:

• Pareltje
    replied
    Thank you for your kind words, pattye.

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    Truly perfection, love, love, love the clasp! That shade of gold is perfect for you!

Leave a comment:

• Pareltje
    replied
    After 3 years of searching high and low, finally I found that the darkest gold suits my complexion best. The other shades they just dissappear on my skin. Many people can wear blue pearls nicely but they again disappear on my skin. Maybe I have to find the strongest blue. Another pic of my favorite gssp. Sorry, the picture is sideways. My phone does it no matter what I do. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0947.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	379291

Leave a comment:

• Pearl Dreams
    replied
    Also, I expect some dark gold pearls are darker/lighter than other dark gold pearls. (Where does "22k" end and "24k" begin?)

In addition, darker gold color isn't necessarily the best for everyone.
    The best color is the one that flatters you.

I think it's good to take your time and enjoy the hunt.

Leave a comment:

• Katbran
    replied
    Excellent strategy 8mm - the colours are all so different on skin that its best to try on some colours. It is true that GSS can be hard to find in stores as they are quite expensive and frankly don't suit everyone the way that white pearls might. They are easy to find in stores in HK etc or in one of the big high ends Pearl company stores but you may have to search a bit. Also, companies can say that a particular pearl is a dark gold when in fact it's more of a medium gold. . so it's important to know what you are looking at and the true range of gold colour.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello Pattye and Karin, thank you for the advice and pearly words of wisdom. I think I will wait, keep on researching, and read more about GSSP on this forum. I have looked at some on-line vendors inventory and so far nothing jumps out in terms of pricing, color, and luster. I appreciate everyone's feedback and posting your scrumptious pearls here for me to view! Thank you!

-8mm

Leave a comment:

• KarinK
    replied
    8mm, this might be trivia, but I recommend looking at the known on-line webshops often. It will help you notice what draws your attention and gives you a background for knowing if a price is a good one. When looks and price match, that is when you push Buy And if in doubt, you don’t - because if you buy something less than what you really want, you can’t afford what you really want when it pops up.

- Karin

Leave a comment:

• Pareltje
    replied
    Thank you, jeg, for your sweet words. I really admire your collection, you are a lucky lady.

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    8mm,

Perhaps telling us about your hair, eye and complexion coloring will help us make recommendations for what shades of GSS might be best on you?

Leave a comment:

• jeg
    replied
    Pareltje- what a beautiful collection of goldens! I love snowmen, by the way.

Pattye and PearlDreams- your strands are also beautiful!!!

Leave a comment:

• KarinK
    replied
    I just added the last piece - near round WSSP. I’ll post the photos in the appropriate thread...

The whole collection shows me finding out what I wanted. I am not entirely sure about the white Tahitians, tbh, but I will probably wear them one day when I feel more on top of everything. And I had hoped the blue Akoya were more blue. These are Vietnamese and much better than my first strand but I have to realize that my budget won’t buy me intense blue

Leave a comment:

• Pareltje
    replied
    You certainly have a fantastic collection of different types of pearls, KarinK.

Leave a comment:

• Pearl Dreams
    replied
    I see what you mean about their looking round-- they certainly do! Very nice indeed!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X