Any chance these are SSP?

step

Hello! Just want to know if these are SSP before purchasing them. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 27
Again I am leaning toward freshwater. That ring pearl in particular looks like FW to me-- the color tone and the blemish.

Are the settings silver?
What are the stones around the pearls? In the photos they look very included (not clear).

Did you notice that the color of the ring pearl does not match that of the earrings?

What size are they? Are they from the Philippines? They look like white south sea pearls sold in the Philippines to me.

Again I am leaning toward freshwater. That ring pearl in particular looks like FW to me-- the color tone and the blemish.

Are the settings silver?
What are the stones around the pearls? In the photos they look very included (not clear).

Did you notice that the color of the ring pearl does not match that of the earrings?

The setting is white gold and around it are small diamonds. Thanks for the heads up. I have to be very careful now when buying pearls.

Step,

I think if you are buying based on photos, it would help you to look a lot of photos of south sea pearls and a lot of photos of freshwater pearls from reputable vendors. After a while you will get a feel for it. However, you have to look at the big picture too. A high value pearl would usually not be set with poor quality diamonds.

Also, if the price is tempting, then maybe it really is too good to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:
The quality of those diamonds appear really bad. I would have them give you a close up before buying.

I am disappointed by what I see. The settings are seriously subpar. You could buy lovely pteria penguin mabe earrings and ring in rhodium plated silver and enjoy them much more. You can usually find them at shows like the Gemfaire or Intergem.

I like GemGeeks's suggestion of mabe pearls. You can get a very similar look and save money compared to the cost of SSP.
These were my mother's:

mabe earrings.jpg

Back