Newbie Here - Silent Stalker No More

CrazyMissy

Hello there,

Forum newbie here... so how did I end up here? :)

I was happily wearing my small 2mm cluster pearl earrings (which I owned since I was 7) when a colleague at work approached me in the wash room, genuinely showed concern and asked why was I wearing my daughter's pearls. She thought I got robbed or something worse! :confused: ;) Great way to realize that, uhm, yeah, maybe I need something a little more age-appropriate. :p:D

My mom believes that pearls are appropriate for both day and night (maybe some Hollywood star during her time said that, not sure), so I did my research in that direction. A few browsing here and there, and voila! I found myself in these pages! Love the photos and the input of the community, very inspiring!

After what feels like a lifetime of reading and practice (I even joined my friends at the jewelry fair, which we affectionately call "a pearl diving expedition"), I eventually purchased my first adult pearl earrings, 12.3 mm GSSP studs from Jewelmer. And threw in the mother and child pendant I have been lusting for 2 years. Hope you all like my first offering! :p

Close Up Box Shot.jpg

I am still getting used to the size, which I feel is a little too "awards night glam". Thoughts?

Neck Shot White.jpg

Neck Shot - Black.jpg

Well done and absolutely wonderful choice. Very nice that you started with the best.

Welcome to the forum and great you decided not to be a lurker but to play pearls with us.

That pendant is gorgeous. And echoing the rest. You are kicking off your collection with an absolute bang

Thanks for the welcome and the kind words, much appreciated. I am still doubting my choice of size, but your comments made me feel a lot better about this.

This morning, some colleagues asked if I had dinner plans later since they think I'm dolled up. (Ans. None!) Uhm, I am wearing a white shirt, classic cut jeans, and flats. With no make-up on. These pearls must be working their magic. ;)

Good choice! They look wonderful on you. I would wear those with jeans and T-shirts and fancy dresses, both.

Very nice. The pendant was very unusual and I love the mother and child look in pearls. I hope your concerned friend loves your new pearls.

Welcome. I'm a relatively newbie to this site and pearls, too, and everyone has been very welcoming and helpful.

You started what may become a semi-obsession with a beautiful set of earrings and a beautiful necklace. Congratulations.

However, blow off your coworker. She didn't know what she was talking about. If you like something (pearls or a pile of dirt), it's no one's place to comment like she did.

I'm not normally a fan of this type of pendant, but yours is terrific. The set looks wonderful on you. It's just a matter of getting used to them. In a few weeks they won't look large at all. ;)

That's a fabulous set! You picked gorgeous pearls, and I love mother and child jewelry. Very sweet. Those earrings are amazing.

Wooww that is set of beauty!! Very luxurious and adult indeed! The bigger the better!

What an amazing pendant! I'm generally indifferent to gssp, but the pendant setting is reeeaaaallly cute))) love its clean lines. The pearls look very nice against your skin tone!

That's a great way to jump right in! The pendant is beautiful but those earrings really are remarkable. Congrats on the purchase. Thank your co-worker for the comment because she is most likely drooling over your goldens. And for what it is worth, there are a lot of small pearl lovers here (like me), so your co-worker was way off.

Back