Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Here - Silent Stalker No More

Hello there,

Forum newbie here... so how did I end up here?

I was happily wearing my small 2mm cluster pearl earrings (which I owned since I was 7) when a colleague at work approached me in the wash room, genuinely showed concern and asked why was I wearing my daughter's pearls. She thought I got robbed or something worse! Great way to realize that, uhm, yeah, maybe I need something a little more age-appropriate.

My mom believes that pearls are appropriate for both day and night (maybe some Hollywood star during her time said that, not sure), so I did my research in that direction. A few browsing here and there, and voila! I found myself in these pages! Love the photos and the input of the community, very inspiring!

After what feels like a lifetime of reading and practice (I even joined my friends at the jewelry fair, which we affectionately call "a pearl diving expedition"), I eventually purchased my first adult pearl earrings, 12.3 mm GSSP studs from Jewelmer. And threw in the mother and child pendant I have been lusting for 2 years. Hope you all like my first offering!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Close Up Box Shot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	413167

I am still getting used to the size, which I feel is a little too "awards night glam". Thoughts?

Name:	Neck Shot White.jpg
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	413166

Name:	Neck Shot - Black.jpg
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	413168

Well done and absolutely wonderful choice. Very nice that you started with the best.

Welcome to the forum and great you decided not to be a lurker but to play pearls with us.

Comment

They look wonderful, and not too large at all!

Comment

I think they look wonderful !! Definitely works for day or night ! And that pendant is gorgeous ! You started right at the top !!
        https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
        https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

That pendant is gorgeous. And echoing the rest. You are kicking off your collection with an absolute bang

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase. You got a lovely set.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and the kind words, much appreciated. I am still doubting my choice of size, but your comments made me feel a lot better about this.

This morning, some colleagues asked if I had dinner plans later since they think I'm dolled up. (Ans. None!) Uhm, I am wearing a white shirt, classic cut jeans, and flats. With no make-up on. These pearls must be working their magic.

Comment

"Pearls are always appropriate" was told by Jackie Kennedy

Comment

Dynamite first dive into "adult" pearls! They look marvelous on you!

Comment

Beautiful! Not too big, at all. Though I don't think there is anything wrong with tiny pearls either - they are my favorites.
                    Facebook // Message Me // E-Mail Me

"Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames."

Comment

Good choice! They look wonderful on you. I would wear those with jeans and T-shirts and fancy dresses, both.

Comment

Gorgeous pearls...and welcome! It's so nice to hear how you "arrived"!
                        http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                        Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

That's a gorgeous set!
                          Jeremy Shepherd
                          President and Founder
                          PearlParadise.com, Inc.
                          The PearlParadise.com YouTube Channel
                          PearlParadise.com on Flickr
                          PearlParadise.com on Facebook
                          Some of My Favorite Pearly Finds on Instagram

Comment

Very nice. The pendant was very unusual and I love the mother and child look in pearls. I hope your concerned friend loves your new pearls.

Comment

Welcome. I'm a relatively newbie to this site and pearls, too, and everyone has been very welcoming and helpful.

You started what may become a semi-obsession with a beautiful set of earrings and a beautiful necklace. Congratulations.

However, blow off your coworker. She didn't know what she was talking about. If you like something (pearls or a pile of dirt), it's no one's place to comment like she did.

Comment

Working...
                              X