WSS pearl drop pendant- I need your help!!

KatalinPG

I few month ago I was a frequent poster here, but then I found an other project, and neglected this forum! Now I'm back, and on a hunt for a big WSS drop pendant. I have inquired already PP, but Erin told me 11-12 mm drops are the biggest they have. I think I would like to go at least 12-13 mm, but I can't find any pictures with drop pendants. Maybe the 11-12 mm would be also enough, but it would be so nice to see a neckshot for comparison.

On the other hand I know someone here has a big drop pendant, I just don't remember who, and I can't find it.

On my hunt I also have found a seller on FB, his name is Pearls for Princess. It seems he has really nice pieces, the prices are good but not too good. He also sells on Etsy. Does someone has experience with this vendor?

Here is a drop pendant which I really like:
IMG_4980.jpg

What do you think? The price you can find in his shop, i don't know if I'm allowed to post a link or not.

I have a 14mm WSS drop from one of the PP specials a year or so ago. Pearl Society on eBay has some large half drilled and undrilled WSS right now if you were wanting to go this size. (Edited for better picture)

IMG_2296.jpg

Last edited:
CMD thank you for suggesting pearl society. I just looked up their products and found this pendant:
IMG_4982.JPG
I don't have any experience with SSPs, so do you think it has a good luster?

Altogether is there anyone who has bought from them WSS pearls?

That pearl looks pretty decent but I am no expert Still it looks better than most of the average ones I've seen.

That one looks a bit satiny like many WSS pearls can be - especially in larger sizes (although still very pretty). So it will probably have more of a soft glow rather than have mirror sharp luster. It looks like a fairly clean pearl. I have to admit that I've looked st that one myself. Pearl Society doesn't rate their pearls. They show detailed 360 photos of each item instead so that you can evaluate luster and blemishes for yourself. They do use keywords like "top luster" and "mirror luster" for pearls they think are better than average. They do have a return policy, but given that they're based in Hong Kong, that can get tricky.

I've bought a few items from The Pearl Society and found their photos to be pretty accurate. They do seem to carry some larger sizes, bought a pair of 13mm champagne SSP drop earrings a year ago for a very reasonable price, they weren't perfect pearls but I wanted something more casual and the luster was still good while all the (small) defects were well shown on their pics so there weren't any unexpected unpleasant discoveries when I got them.

Probably worth sending Cees from Amsterdam Pearls a private message or an email too. I bought a gorgeous large 14mm? WSS pearl drop from him a little while back. He is always willing to search as well, and is very reputable. Have fun with your search :)

I sort of prefer satiny,,,but look around & get the pearl you like. So much harder to buy pearls than diamonds as there are so many variables.

Checked PS out & bottom of that pearl looks more creamy colored.

Pearls for Princesses has princess price but most of the quality looks good.
Wonder if anyone here has bought from them? Prices are too high to gamble.

Last edited:
I've also purchased from PS but they were Tahitians. The quality was good and I was happy. Their pictures are good and clear, and they take photos of every angle. They are responsive to their emails, so send them questions if you have any.

I have found another nice one on PS. This is more silvery. I think it has better luster. What do you think. I'm just not a fan of the pendant setting.IMG_4984.JPG
And the size is 16.2*14 mm!!

And PS is really dangerous! I've already found a very nice golden pendant!
IMG_4988.jpg
Isn't it lovely? Such a nice deep color!! At least for me!!

I've known, if I come back to PG, it's going to cost me a lot!!! :eek:

Maybe contacting Cees will help. He's in Bangkok, you may want to ask what he brought back from the gem show in Hong Kong recently.

I have a huge SS drop from Pearl Society, exactly as pictured and extremely reasonable. I mainly wear it as an enhancer.

I have bought several loose pearls and have had very good luck with Pearl Society. I have a few up to 16mm. You could buy a loose pearl and set it in any setting that you like.

That big white one has a nice satiny lustre. But I agree about the bail. Is that a bit of a circle at the top of the pearl? Maybe that's the reason for the wide leaf bail..to cover the circle? Might just be the light but I'd ask to be sure. That gold one looks to be a beautiful pearl. ( I'd ask for a photo in natural light just to be sure of the depth of colour.)

That looks like a circle & bet there is a small knob on top of it. Its OK it really doesn't show but should be priced better than a more symetrical pearl. I like the color. The gold pearl does look like a nice color. Just check as I think he's the one that lists alot of his golden as Australian origin & he has alot & Australia does not produce many golden pearls. Gold pearls do change with the lighting. Sometimes mine look really gold & at other times even teeter on a dark champagne...

You are all soo bad enablers!
Unfortunately the gold drop pendant was sold within a day after I posted it!! The lurkers... but I have found an other one, just a little bit less deep golden color and for a better price.

And I even ordered 9 loose pearls for a WSSP-GSSP tin cup! I have been so bad!! :D

I hope the pearls arrive soon, I can't wait to have them!

Pearly whites: yes, you are right with buying one loose pearl for the pendant, but I haven't found any loose in the size and shape I was looking for. And I'm also located in Europe, so buying real gold pendant bails is not as easy and the shipping costs from USA quite high. But I'm still looking for a nice WSSP drop, maybe next month. My budget is now blown!!

I thought, now that I have bought a few pearls from PS I can show them.

At first my new pendant:
IMG_4993.jpg

It's a little bit less deep gold, but I still like it.

I have also bought 9 pcs of SSP a mixture of white and gold. All of the pearls are between 11-13mm. I couldn't resist the possibility to make a tincup. I just have to decide if I use silver or yellow gold chain.
Here is a collage of the pearls:
IMG_5005.jpg

What would you choose? Does someone maybe have a SSP tincup?

Attachments

• IMG_4988.jpg
    IMG_4988.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 31
Ooooo, pretty. I like the one in the upper right.

And the one in the middle with the hammered texture is really cool looking.

BWeaves thank you! I've tried to find golden pearls in a few shades of gold, and nice whites. I hope they are as nice as on the pictures. Unfortunately thebpendant is not an enhancer pendant, although it would match the colors of the tincup well. Can I somehow remove the bail?

Back