South Sea Pearl purchase

M

mbay

I am new to this site and was reading your posts, because I just purchased a 10.5mm South Sea Pearl for $15.00 and was wondering if that was an appropriate amount for this pearl. I have attached a jpg image of the pearl. I am a pearl lover, but really have no idea of value. Mahalo in advance, for any comments on my purchase.
Me ke aloha pumehana,
Brynn

Attachments

• $15.00 10.5mm.jpg
    $15.00 10.5mm.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 32
Hi,
Well, the pearl is not a good quality pearl, but for $15 you did quite well for the size and type of pearl you purchased.

I would have to agree considering that an AAA grade in the same size would sell for upward of $300. If there were more to be had, you could purchase 40 more and have a very unique necklace for around the $600 mark.

Mahalo nui loa

Mahalo nui loa

Mahalo nui loa for the great replys. This is such a great forum and I so enjoy reading through all the different topics. Your members have such a great wealth of knowledge. I have learned so much about pearls such as; not every jeweler has the knowledge or experience to grade pearls, ebay can be a dangerous place and that there are people who are very passionate about pearls. I will keep checking in on your site and as my bank account grows, so will my pearl collection. ;)

Back