Wee little WSSP keshi

LVLanghanke

As promised, here is a shot of my tiny WSSP keshis that I bought. They're rather creamy, but have nice luster and shockingly few blemishes when I look at them with my loupe (although there are two outright duds that need to be culled). They're very small, about 1x2mm. I have 4 strands and have set them next to my PP Akoya keshi necklace and the necklace I got as a part of a demi parure for my high school graduation quite a few years back from my parents. I actually am not quite sure what they are, but I believe FWP. They're well-matched and also very low on blemishes, but as you can see not all are perfectly round. Anyway, I'm not quite sure what I want to do with these WSSP babies. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe a couple of tassles or a multistrand bracelet with some sort of focal piece? The only problem with that is that I'm afraid I would damage them next two my watch or my bracelet on my other wrist that I never take off for sentimental reasons. P_20161209_153614_vHDR_Auto.jpgP_20161209_153734_vHDR_Auto.jpg

OOO, cute. I see a multi-strand necklace with a statement pendant or enhancer.

Oh gosh those are so sweet ! The size is a little tricky as they are so very tiny ..obviously they will twist into a fine rope and that would be very pretty with a nice pendant - like one of the Little H pearl / teeny gem pieces.

OR double them into 8 strands for a bracelet- maybe with a GSS as a focal bead. I'm thinking the GSS as they are a bit creamy.

Very sweet ..love them !

Those tiny pearls are adorable! May we ask the source? Feel free to ignore if you'd rather not say :)

The source was actually a coworker of mine. He's from Kimberley and his grandpa used to do something in the pearling industry back in the day so his grandma had quite a collections of pearls and he inherited some stuff when she passed away a few years ago. Anyway, he knows of my love of pearls and he sold me these for quite cheap as a consolation prize when he got a promotion I was working really hard for. Makes hating him a bit harder. That's one cool thing about my job, is that you have an opportunity to (virtually) meet people from all over the world. I've got another coworker from somewhere in the Dominican Republic and he gave me some amber specimens with bugs in them for my birthday.

So, long story short, my source is sold out. But I do know that Atlas Pearls have some for sale, because I was looking for some GSSP keshis (somebody on here bought a strand from them, but I can't remember who) and they said they don't have any more, but they do have WSSPs in stock.

Try a strand of copper wire (cut a 5" section of OLD electrical cord and pull out a copper thread, fold it in half and use as a needle) Works on really small holed pearls :)

I have akoya keshis I made into a three stranded braceless but I am afraid to wear it, exactly because of the delicate thread.

- Karin

So gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

That's a nice story about the source of the pearls from a friend (sorry about the promotion though). Interesting tip on creating a needle from copper Marianne!

Cathy, I learned the copper wire needle trick from John Tu many years ago. Sara also makes use of these. Very handy if you are doing a project that requires you to remove the needle because you can just as quickly add a new one to the bend in the thread. (also very cost effective)

Back