Pale green south sea pearls from Pearlescence

Pareltje

I have been wanting to have a greenish south sea pearl since I saw one on Etsy (sold by Indoseapearl). I keep my eyes peeled when vendors came back from Hong Kong in September. This time I found a pair from Pearlescence. I'm pleased with the quality of the pearls. The color is paler than I expected but the luster is very sharp like akoya's. The green is more like a shimmer on the surface. The iridescence wowed me. There is a pink glow that seems to come from the inside of the pearls

greenish south sea pearl earrings from pearlescencegreenish south sea pearl earrings from pearlescencegreenish south sea pearl earrings from pearlescence

Last edited:
They are a little over 13mm, JP.
I'm sending them back to Pearlescence for drilling. Obviously the will become earrings. Oh I LOVE earrings!

Last edited:
IMG_20161117_110651.jpg
More picture of the lovelies...
Gaah picture doesn't appear....

Last edited:
Yep, I agree with everyone else, great pearls and really neat color. You'll have to place a mirror so you can look at your earrings when you wear them. When I got my hanadama pearls from Pearl Paradise, I put a little mirror under my computer monitor so I could enjoy seeing them at will. :)

Thank you for the compliments, ladies. Indeed an elusive color they have. They're going to be a pair of dangles since 13.2 mm is too big as studs Katbran.
Thanks for your tip GG, earrings are best because if I wear them as a ring I will be distracted by them all the time and can't work.

Lovely lovely colour. So unique can't wait to see rhe final product

i can't wait to see the photos
i'm an earring /necklace person mainly also
rings and bracelets seem to get snagged on stuff when i wear them (what i did to my mom's wedding set, and the edge of a drafting tables......oye)

I looked for the right earring findings to complement these greenish pearls. I was actually looking for leverbacks with emerald accents, but couldn't find them anywhere. These ear hooks with tsavorite garnet were the ones I thought best. They're from Agustus Collection. IMG_20161213_145626.jpg
IMG_20161213_145651.jpg

Back