Labradorite, Carnelian and Golden/Yellow South Sea Pearl

BlackPearlDudeDC

I was curious about this one day so I played "Beads". I had some "commercial" quality Labradorites that seemed to have a yellowish/golden flash and I thought might be interesting to see how they looked with Golden South Sea pearls.

GSSPearl.jpg

Lol..missed that carnelian part in the title. Thanks, Katbran!

All the greenish beads are Labradorite, most of them have a yellowish flash (as opposed to the coveted "Blue"). The pearl has a slight greenish tone to it very subtle. It is really hard to capture what the eye is seeing IRL. I am currently obsessing over Labradorite, I found some beads that also have a purplish/pinkish flash that is more pronounced.

A great combination that I never would have thought of by myself. Yummy!

All the greenish beads are Labradorite, most of them have a yellowish flash (as opposed to the coveted "Blue"). The pearl has a slight greenish tone to it very subtle. It is really hard to capture what the eye is seeing IRL. I am currently obsessing over Labradorite, I found some beads that also have a purplish/pinkish flash that is more pronounced.

Labradorite is one of my favourite stones ! I've got some pretty big donut beads that need a design ...but it's been two years ..I suppose there is no rush lol

What an interesting color combination. It works!

I hope I did not set expectations too high, it isn't a strand of beads, its a few beads within the strand. When I next dig them out I will try and get a good pic. It is really hard to capture on camera but to the naked eye its cool, in the mean time google up pink or purple Labradorite flash or pink or purple labradorescence. If you are a mineral/gem nut, the pics that come back are so cool.

Spectrolite (Cringe):

7f40b54571b245849db862dfbd5638f2.jpg

5161322323_6baa52e4dc_z.jpg

BPDDC = I'd love to see a photo of the red/purple/pink flash labradorite ...I've not seen that before. Sounds gorgeous and maybe just right for a nice cherry Tahitian??

Last edited:
Mom wanted to see it so took another pic and thought I would update here because it is slightly better :)

Moms Pearl.jpg

Katbran I can't seem to find the Lab beads with the purple/pink flash...at the moment. I am wondering if I repurposed them without thinking about it. I was so obsessed with isolating them just so I would not lose sight of them (and I've done just that) too many projects at once LoL but Im keeping my eye out just the same.

Back