My new Revenge Victoria Grayson strand!!!

Gorgeous!!! And so versatile! Love it with that top. And I kind of want a Tahitian rope now...

Purranha, that is woo-hoo sexy, with the tassel worn low. I'm an old, hetero woman, I don't think I'm supposed to notice that...

Tucs, I'm with you there,

Bweaves, thanks for telling about the cubic zirconia being more brilliant than casual diamonds. Cool.

Last edited:
I am so in love with this style that I am seriously considering restringing my Tahitian rope (from the 2014 PP sale) and adding a pave ball and tassel. This look is so chic, yet so easy to wear, and very very different! You have a good eye, Purr.

Aww thanks again everyone!!! I couldn't be happier with the outcome, too.
JerseyPearl I think you should totally do it! You can always convert it back when you get tired of the tassel look.

This is the tassel I got - the supplier is located in Turkey so shipping takes a bit longer, but I looked far and wide on Etsy and somehow that was the one that fit the spec of what I was looking for. I also got the dusty rose for another project (coral) and was equally happy with it.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/204677482/grey-tassel-large-thick-113-mm-44-inches
https://www.etsy.com/listing/204669330/dried-rose-pink-tassel-large-thick-113

I got the crystal disco pave ball at Intergem, but I wanted more so researched Etsy and found what I believe to be the same item at comparable price.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/201660444/cz-micro-pave-16mm-round-beads

The 16mm ball went really well with the tassels I listed above. I used soft flex to string through the french wires, looped them through the pave ball, tahitian, tassel, and crimped the softflex with crimping beads, cut off the ends, and tucked the crimp beads in the "hood" of the tassel. Uber easy - took me 5 mins!

If any ladies end up making similar rope/tassel projects, please share!!! :eek:

Thanks again ladies!!! :eek:

Wearing black scoop neck sweater today, so going with a 3-layer look.
IMG_3067.jpg

Purranha, your new tassel rope looks fabulous on you! I love all the different ways you can style it. You might also try wrapping the rope around your neck and dropping the tassel end through the loop, like below:

Tahitians (Andy Muller).jpgMiki double celebration 2.jpg

Be careful that no one grabs it off your neck! (When I lived in NYC, perps used to snatch gold chains right off the neck.) :)

Amazing necklace. Samara13: she is really a great designer and a nice person. The man pearl article featured one of the Samara13 men draped in Tahitians. More from them later...

Your pearls are top notch beauties! This is definitely one of the best things posted this year. Pretty soon, people here will be interpreting your interpretation, LOL! :) I'd like to see a white South Sea version with a white gold ball and tassel!

Oooh, I love it when KaySD shows up with those divine inspiration photos! Purranha, I like your tassel version better as it's more versatile, but it looks so fabulous worn this way ... well, every way!!!

Back