My new CC/Kojima strand!

LitGeek

I just wanted to share my new Catherine Cardellini/Kojima Strand.

I found this lovely Kasumi pearl on Kojima. Sarah was sweet enough to ship it to Catherine for me to have it finished into a necklace. Thanks Sarah!

Screen Shot 2013-07-25 at 8.12.11 AM.jpg

Catherine had these "moonglow" freshwater pearls that I had been admiring for quite some time and I thought they would be lovely with the Kasumi.

Screen Shot 2013-07-28 at 10.06.16 AM.jpg

I am so pleased with how the necklace turned out! I just can't believe how perfectly the Kasumi pearl goes with the moonglows ~ they play so well together :cool: Hopefully these will arrive quickly, I can't wait to see them in real life!

DSCF3854.jpgDSCF3859 (2).jpgDSCF3860.jpg

Kasumi pearl

Kasumi pearl

The pearl noted above is gorgeous? I love the colors. Please tell me what a Kasumi pearl is as I don't have the faintest idea? I am very new and really am attempting to devour the information. Also if you will set me straight regarding metal beads and pearls. I read or thought I read that metal beads should not next to a pearl as it will discolor the pearl. Is the metal bead separated from the pearl with a knot?
As I mention, I am naive. bluidragon

Last edited:
Very,very nice. Purple and Pink two of my favorite colors. I bet you will love this necklace. Enjoy your new beauties.

Kasumi pearls are freshwater pearls grown in Lake Kasumigaura in Japan. They can be perfectly smooth, but I prefer the wrinkly pearls - the Shar-Pei puppies of the pearl world! There are Chinese freshwater copies, but there is still nothing like the real thing. Sarah deals directly with the growers in Japan, where they are very rare. Her website is another great place to learn about pearls and enjoy her terrific photographs. www.kojimapearl.com

I meant to say congratulations on creating a dream necklace, Litgeek. The colors and textures are irresistible. :)

Just beautiful. What a special necklace you've created. I hope it brings you great joy-it is absolutely fabulous.

Thank you so much newberry, GemGeek, luminous, maiakity, bluidragon, and mitsucats! I will definitely post neck shots when it arrives. Bluidragon, sorry but I am not really sure how to answer your question about using beads with pearls...Catherine Cardellini uses gold filled beads in many of her designs. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in?

The pearl noted above is gorgeous? I love the colors. Please tell me what a Kasumi pearl is as I don't have the faintest idea? I am very new and really am attempting to devour the information. Also if you will set me straight regarding metal beads and pearls. I read or thought I read that metal beads should not next to a pearl as it will discolor the pearl. Is the metal bead separated from the pearl with a knot?
As I mention, I am naive. bluidragon

It is a good question, Bluidragon, about using metal beads with pearls. Many designers, including me, at times use metal beads next to pearls. Often they do cover a knot. Beads can be used to lengthen a necklace, add interest, keep the cost down. I've never seen discoloration on a pearl from metal beads, but I'm not saying it couldn't happen. I did have some solid 18k gold spacers and pearls that got a little gunky from waxed linen thread, but the residue cleaned off the spacers and pearls easily with no permanent damage. Sterling is often used next to pearls, too.

Checking to make certain any beads used don't have rough edges that could scratch the pearl would be more important, it seems to me. I personally would be less inclined to use metal beads with expensive pearls.

The size of the hole in the bead would determine where the knot would fall, inside the bead, or on either side next to the pearl.

I'll be curious as to other's experience.

My CC/Kojima strand arrived and it only took 8 days! It is even more beautiful than I imagined!!!

kCC closeup.jpgKCC towel.jpgsilk bag.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. The colors look wonderful on you. Enjoy your new beauty.

Back