Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

eolian pearls, your ombre circled tahitian strand is amazing. I sometimes do that as well, exchange just a few pearls that I don't quite favor. And the updated version of your rope is marvellous. It's such a beautiful strand. Well I did forget to take any photos of me wearing my pearls at all. I will try to get some next weekend.
Pearly-Whites, those earrings are gorgeous.

jeg your keshi + stuffed shell + kojima mixed strand combo is heavenly. I can almost feel the sea breeze just by looking at them. They are the ultimate seaside chic and light hearted glamour. I saw Kojima’s new Insta post have two other stuffed shells. What a great creation!

eolian pearls your circle ombré strand looks very lovely on you! It must have been fun to create such a long and interesting strand. You did such a great job arranging the colours.

Pearly-Whites your faceted T earrings are beautiful. They are like little disco balls. Would love to see a photo of them on you.

On Monday I was wearing a little Kamoka keshi pearl pendant on rose gold chain, petal T earrings and white keshi bracelet with silver circles (made by jeweller)

CB7EDF6E-4735-4ED4-9652-1E090F1F7C44.jpeg

6DD5815E-2A45-4408-8EBB-0D99F6A46788.jpeg

4A5023C2-A9F3-4820-BC45-C451535DDF25.jpeg

B2A6D669-6666-484F-B7C5-D3F842A87C8B.jpeg

Thank you so much for your kind words about my remaking/repurposing obsession, Eolian, Echo, Jeg and Charlotta!

jeg Your new feather pearl necklace is really lovely and unique, but holy smokes, your new Kojima shell necklace is amazing!!! I did an actual double take, haha. And did I happen to see some similar strands on Kojima's IG yesterday? Did you provide the conch shells from Sanibel for those necklaces and/or the inspiration? The "stuffed" shell look is so creative. You and Sarah make such beautiful pieces.

echo Your bracelet and earrings look great, and I have a huge softspot for Kamoka keshi - yours looks so pretty and delicate with the rosegold chain!

eolian pearls Wow wow wow, I love your circled pearl rope! The ombre looks fantastic. That is a show-stopping strand for sure! Argh, I feel the pull of CMW et al now. I'm trying to resist because if I go hunting online, there's no hope of not buying something, and I'm still on my post-holiday stay on Ban Island (where I frankly need to stay at least another 6 months!)

Pearly-Whites Absolutely beautiful faceted pearl earrings!!!

Thanks so much, everyone! You are all so nice!:grouphug: Pearl friends are the best!

PearlyWhites, that’s a wonderful pair of faceted Tahitians! Echo, that is such a unique chain on your bracelet, and I do love those earrings that you had made. The petals fit your lobe so perfectly. Eolian, wow, you did a fantastic job of graduating those colors. That strand is just yummy!

Eolian and SurfnSci, I am a bad influence for Ban Islanders.:shrug: I cannot resist if I see something I really like. You never know if you will see something similar again, or it might be a long wait. Kind of my philosophy for anything, not just pearls... SurfnSci, I cannot take credit for anything other than having a long memory. Sarah made a “stuffed” shell awhile back and I thought it would be fun to have one made with one of my own shells. I asked for a pendant so I can wear it on different chains/pearl chains. I think it is such a cool idea! We share a love for seashells, and Sarah has a big collection of seashells she has also collected, so the shells on IG are from her collection. The only thing I can possibly take credit for is the motivation to make more, and yes, I think you need one!:cool2:

Thank you SurfnSci and jeg!

SurfnSci I totally get why you have a soft spot for their keshi. This little pendant stole my heart. It is little and so simple. But I love it so so much.

jeg I have got a few of my earrings redone. It is a process for me as well to learn what actually suits me and what I love wearing. I’m stubborn when it comes to earrings. Won’t accept them semi alright…

That is one pretty keshi bracelet echo. Such a wonderful piece. I am planning to take a silversmith course and learn some soldering and such. They have weekend ones and night ones. It would be such fun being able to do that. I could by a book I guess and learn myself, but sometimes it's better to learn by someone in person. I think that we have the equipment somewhere out in the garage maybe, Not-husband has all the tools one my need and some. I think that he has some basic knowledge about soldering and such, but not in a jewelry making way....then I could make such pieces myself. And set stones is another thing that I want to learn. And polishing them as well...the pandemic hinder my plans some.

Thank you Charlotta2.0! You’ve got some big plans ahead. Definitely recommend taking classes with a master jeweller. It can take years of practice to perfect even simple techniques. I have a lot of respect for jewellers who still make things by hand and stay true to their artistry. And I very look forward to seeing your silversmithing creations with your beautiful pearls:35:

Echo, I hope your earring remakes are all that you’d hoped for!

Wearing my feather pearls extended, with my Kojima seashell pendant. I made the scatter tin cup and mixed strand. The tiny brownish pearls are natural, wild Sea of Cortez.
Click image for larger version  Name:	51F5064C-7083-4CAC-9732-6208F654AD3A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	858.2 KB ID:	459544
Click image for larger version  Name:	51F5064C-7083-4CAC-9732-6208F654AD3A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	858.2 KB ID:	459544

Thank you echo, SurfnSci, Charlotta and jeg! I love playing with that ombre once in a while, I always discover new favorites among the pearls! And it is such an easy piece to wear!

echo I love love your petal earrings and the Kamoka keshi is a real cutie! I also love how you combine all your pearls together the dainty and a bit more substantial pieces, they all work beautifully together!

Talking about the remakes and Kamoka keshis...Years back I bought their silver moon keshi ring for my sister, an impulse purchase without even checking the ring size, was thinking it could easily be resized...Well, no jeweler in my country wanted to touch the ring, something about the different US silver standards and that the ring could break. It was way too big for my sister and she chose some othe pearl gift from me at the end. I had this ring sitting in my stash for a few years and then got tye genius idea :) of just fitting it to my finger the natural “ push push push” way...I actually wear it quite often now and the keshi is an excellent example of how amazing Kamokas are! Even such a tiny dainty little pearl has peacock overtones and a screaming luster! More Kamokas are definitely in my (post-Ban Island) future!

SurfnSci I know I know what you mean about those CMW temptations! I had to talk myself out of buying this one bracelet at least 3 times now!!! I do have a permission for “exceptional pearl purchases” ( am not a total masochist) but there are rules...:)

Charlotta I cant wait for you to start making your own silver jewelry! More of your creations to admire! I hope you will be able to take your classes soon!

Oh jeg How beautiful are your pearly shell combinations! You have jumped into the summer mood now :)
24626DC7-8739-4D45-8732-86BC6F3576EC.jpeg

Attachments

• 24626DC7-8739-4D45-8732-86BC6F3576EC.jpeg
    24626DC7-8739-4D45-8732-86BC6F3576EC.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 31
jeg Love your look today and those pretty, tiny little natural SoC's, wow! And that pearl-stuffed conch is just so cool.

eolian pearls Hahaha, your masochist comment had me cracking up! I agree, I always have a pearl-buying-emergency contingency plan on Ban island. (Perhaps it is more Ban-ish Island?)...Your Kamoka keshi ring re-work looks amazing! That is a lovely pearl., and the little crescent moon is much more visible now.

Charlotta2.0 ​​​Oh my goodness, I would love to see what you create with any silversmithing skills you acquire!

Such a pretty combination [USER][/USER]g
eolian pearls, I like the ring better now. That was clever of you. I also hope for that class in silversmithing. It would be so much fun.
SurfnSci, me to. I have a bunch of gemstones to play with as well that I bought just before corona, literally weeks before...how annoying.

jeg those tiny natural SoC are so interesting. Some of them are flashing gorgeous blue. Are the larger pearls in the same strand FW? They have such beautiful lustre and colour!

eolian pearls your kamoka keshi ring is so lovely. So great you managed to adjust it. It would be a pity to let this ring just sit in the jewellery box. Lol it’s really not easy to stay on ban island. Especially if the vendor you like releases gorgeous new pieces.

Today I’m wearing waterfall T necklace from keshico. Molly’s design always gets me. They are not fine grade pearls but they are so wearable.

AEC4AA15-B787-468F-A070-3A213124FDCE.jpeg

Thank you guys! We must have been Kamoka whispering here because my floating pearl package finally got to me!!!Yay!
I wanted a special color Kamoka and this one was described as “ultra flashy chocolate pink” ...and flashy it is! It comes on a silver chain and I will probably move it onto a gold one where I can combine it with my other floating babies... I am happy with it needless to say:) Too cold here to take a neckshot but here are a few pics of my floating family. ( The other pearls are from CMW)

echo Love your waterfall necklace!!! Leather and pearls is such a luscious tropical paradise combination! And it is also the most wearable style for my lifestyle. I love keshico’s designs too!!! Have you seen the one published in IG yesterday?

SurfnSci LOl it is great that we are in such a good comoany on the Ban”ish” Island! And they are really nice there too! Yesterday they told me “you can have a tahitian pearl ban only, no problem if you want more akoyas, dear! “ So nice!!! ;-)))

D6509154-95E8-48A5-9F11-D97D9541E65B.jpeg

Thank you Charlotta and SurfnSci!

eolian pearls your kamoka chocolate pearl is so gorgeous! And so are your other CMW pearls as well. Really look forward to seeing a neckshot ;). I saw keshiCo’s IG update yesterday. The mixed pearl set is so beautiful and extremely tempting! I have the same design in the silver T version and I love it very much. I held back because I don’t want to repeat the same design twice. Maybe I will change my mind over time lol. Yes leather + pearl is the best for my lifestyle and outfits too. It is very laid back here in Australia. If your outfit is too formal and accessories are too serious you look very odd among the crowd (no offence to anyone who likes to stand out of the crowd though :D) I prefer to invest in what I can wear a lot day to day.

Thank you, eolian, SurfnSci, and echo! Yes, echo, the bigger pearls are metallic freshwater pearls. I am attaching an old pic that better shows their colors. My pics have been so dark all fall and winter because the sky has been so drab in the early morning hours when I have time to take some pics. I had asked Sarah if she had some pearls I could use to make an extender for one of my strands, but when they arrived, they were far too nice to use for an extender.

Eolian, Your tweaking of the Kamoka ring worked so well! What a great idea. And your new chocolate pink floater is wonderful! What a gorgeous collection of floaters! I love all things Kamoka, too!

Echo, I also love all things beachy! Your leather waterfall necklace is fantastic! Now I want to get my leather, pearls, and seashell pieces out to play!

Wearing the Tahitian Cloud necklace, a large white Tahitian pendant, and a very very baroque Akoya strand, all from Kojima. I knotted the strand with pearls that Sarah described as “very challenged”. I think they are great!:veryhappy:

Pearls used for the mixed SOC strand-
6B8203CE-9828-473D-ABB5-739FE8C4A796.jpeg

Back