Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

You look so spring like jeg and so is your pearls. Stunning outfits and pearly combinations.
SurfnSci such pretty golden south seas. You are right time to wear my goldens soon. They do reminds me of daffodils, I love daffodils and planted some more last autumn. I always plants the wierdest looking ones since there are plenty of those common Charlton and Tete a Tete ones. My favorite is Banana Daquiri
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20220114_113059.JPG Views:	0 Size:	556.9 KB ID:	459226

image_72394.jpg
​​​​​​​

Pretty pretty pearls and flowers jeg and Charlotta! Yay for spring feels everywhere!

I am wearing white (natural pink) akoyas today, the sea is sparkling and the akoyas are glowing...Wishing a lovely weekend to everyone!
49217C0A-11D4-447F-A3D7-3B1B00B8A1EE.jpeg

Attachments

• 49217C0A-11D4-447F-A3D7-3B1B00B8A1EE.jpeg
    49217C0A-11D4-447F-A3D7-3B1B00B8A1EE.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 34
Thank you, Charlotta and eolian. Charlotta, I also love the tulips with the fluffy centers. Eolian, a glorious glisten from the sea and your Akoya studs!

A carved Tahitian pendant on a vintage Akoya keshi strand, worn with strands of vintage untreated coral, all from Kojima.
9E42061D-FA80-4FE0-9DFC-7C696E922ECC.jpeg
5B5813B6-981A-4526-804A-A23D8E2E01D5.jpeg

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
Loved the great array of jewelry...those simple Akoya earrings are just superb!
The keshi necklace , the carved Tahitian pendant and red coral strand are great :D

That carved tahitian is perfect with the corals and that dress jeg. The color on those corals are amazing and the colorchanges in the carved pearl as well. Woke up to frost this morning. Still cashmere and really big wollen slippers for me. No summery outfits yet, to be honest there rarely are any dresses. Usually I just remove the cashmere sweater...jeans all year long...and colorful pearls that is.

Thank you Douglas, Eolian, Jeg, and Charlotta! And happy weekend to all!

jeg Your Kojima kasumi ring is so gorgeous! The color and metallic overtones are lovely and I really like the unique band. Your vintage coral necklace and carved T pendant are also really lovely (and I love your dress!)
Charlotta2.0 Your Banana Daiquiri daffodils are so cool! I love yellow flowers, especially when it hopefully means warmer and sunnier weather is finally ahead!
eolian pearls Wow, your natural pink akoya studs are just stunning, and what a lovely sea pic!

Today I'm wearing Vietnamese baroque blue akoyas from Druzy, and a baroque blue SoC ring I repurposed from a pendant.
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220115_135031.jpg Views:	0 Size:	380.8 KB ID:	459250 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220115_140413.jpg Views:	0 Size:	605.3 KB ID:	459251

SurfnSci your blue bracelet and ring are perfect. Such beautiful colors. Maybe I should make a bracelet with my ice blue akoyas from Pearlescence, I know just where they are since I colorcoordinated them with blue pearls in a blue box...I think that I might have enough for a bracelet, I have used those pearls in lots of other projects.

Thank you, Douglas, Charlotta, SurfnSci, and BWeaves! SurfnSci! What a gorgeous set of blue Akoya! I had the same thought as Charlotta when I saw your bracelet- why haven't I made a blue Akoya bracelet yet?!:p I don’t think I have enough left for a full bracelet, though. Yours is absolutely beautiful!

Wearing a Grace Pearl Edison pendant from PP. It was a special request to Jeremy, and is a very unusual color- golden, orangy, green. Worn with a strand of light golden baroque Akoya from an Intergem show. I’ve had these for a long time and originally knotted them into two nesting strands. I recently re-knotted them into a short rope. The smaller wave strand of golden mixed Akoya is a recent purchase from Cees. It has beautiful luster and is a nice delicate piece.
426A9DA3-9B43-4F22-B617-3CAB2A45BEA2.jpeg
136750A3-A650-422D-90DD-F5C70C0B75E8.jpeg
6F84CC7B-D6EA-42A6-A085-A07BF15D4F29.jpeg

Recently found these 2 necklaces. Still unsure of the type. New to the pearl world.

Attachments

• photo72407.jpg
    photo72407.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • photo72419.jpg
    photo72419.jpg
    564.2 KB · Views: 22
  • photo72420.jpg
    photo72420.jpg
    598.3 KB · Views: 23
jeg love your mixed keshi strand from Kojima! Such delightful colours. Your coral strands are absolutely stunning as well. Glossy and red. They go very well with your outfit. But I can’t stop looking at that little grace pearl pendant. Is it natural colour? It has the most beautiful lustre and colour that puts GSS to shame! Lol what a coincidence I got a strand of those mixed Akoya as well from Cees. So lovely to see it on you first. Can’t wait to receive mine :p

eolian pearls your akoya studs have mirror bright lustre! They look absolutely beautiful on you

SurfnSci your blue akoya bracelet and SoC ring look so beautiful. When you put them together the SoC looks strikingly similar to the akoyas. Please let me know how you wear your pearl rings so they don’t get damaged :smile:

Today I’m wearing very simple pieces. A pair of pearl studs and a little pendant. All are black lip pearls farmed around Abrolhos islands in Western Australia. Compared to most T they are a lot smaller in size (around 8-9mm). The pearl pendant is light silver with slight pink overtone. The studs are light charcoal with some khaki green in them.

9FD07BF8-56DB-47E5-AF5E-5A31A11D882E.jpeg

7781B508-2F88-47BD-B48B-E0C8BE4695A4.jpeg

7D9423F2-6DCE-48E4-8988-701CD380E0B3.jpeg

Beautiful! The two strands give me a "Bubbles" vibe to them...they are nicely arranged, gorgeous.
The pearl pendant...wow...that golden-greenish-peachy color is superb, and the luster!

Pretty pearls emilyjrogers. Difficult to say for sure on those photos. Could be akoyas or maybe not. We need to see them up closer preferably on something white. Welcome to the forum.
echo beautiful studs and pendant. Sometimes it's enough with just a few pieces, especially when they have that luster.

Very nice pearls from Australia echo they remind me so much of the black pearls I used to farm in the Sea of Cortez using the local "black lipped pearl oyster". I have always been fascinated by how Australia has so many pearling resources (at least 4 species that can be used to successfully grow cultured pearls) yet how we often do not hear of others beside their amazing South Sea Pearls.

Thanks so much, Douglas, Charlotta and echo! Echo, I hope you love your new strand! I think it’s very light and pretty. I was in debate whether to make a short length and bracelet out of it, or to leave it alone. As to the Grace Pearl Edison, it’s hard to know. All I can say is, I have three Grace Pearl Edisons that are very early examples, and all three have maintained their color and luster. They are all beautiful, unique pearls that I enjoy wearing. And that’s a really special little set of pearls you are wearing! How interesting to know the history. Did you buy them in Western Australia yourself?

Welcome to the forum emilyjrogers! I hope you love wearing your new found pearls. Double strands are great!

A strand of Tahitians I knotted with pearls from JNB, Tahitian bracelets from Kojima, and earrings I made.
571494A7-8D5C-45A0-BF25-E91276D65FF2.jpeg
A01E73F5-A88E-4E69-8317-5FDD0C2CAF7C.jpeg

4221529F-33EC-401D-8E9B-E54AF2CBE6E5.jpeg

Charlotta2.0 Thank you Charlotta. Their lustre is not the best. But the uniqueness of the colour always gets me. Simple pieces always go well with casual outfit.

CortezPearls it is really a shame that so many pearls are farmed here in Australia. Yet the offering to customers is lacking both in variety and competition. The marketing of other pearl varieties is almost non existent. Even living in Australia you have to search high and low to find different pearls that are not WSS

jeg Your T strands are really beautiful as always! Unfortunately the mixed akoya strand I bought has turned into a big nightmare. It was delivered this morning to the wrong address and person because what’s written on the package is missing one street number. The person still signed for and received the parcel knowing it was not intended for him/her. What an easy crime. As for the Abrolhos pearls I purchased them online from a local maker. One day I’d love to visit the pearl farms myself

Oh my goodness, echo! I am so sorry to hear about your package! I was a little worried about mine, too, because something had been transposed on the address, but fortunately it made it. I hold my breath with packages these days because I had some pearls tour the country this fall, then they went missing. The vendor was great about it and reimbursed me, but I really wanted the pearls. I hope they help you retrieve your package since they know where it was delivered.:frown:

jeg thank you Jeg. I did feel heartbroken because I was looking forward to the pearls too. I went to knock on the door of the property where the package may have been delivered. But I was informed so such package was ever received…

Back