Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

echo you will be stringing like a pro soon. It just takes some practice.
eolian pearls, I have been buying clothes and such only when something is really used up during the pandemic. I haven't been needing much. Instead I have shopped my stash and found some great bags, scarfs and sweaters that I had forgotten all about. I don't miss shopping for clothes and such at all. I have downsized things like skincare and makeup as well, and used up a lot. I read an article about how a swedish farmacy skincare serie used in a test as what would you call it for reference? Against some really expensive skincare and the the farmacy brand was way better. I haven't been trying to save money or anything. It was just easier when you shouldn't visit shops. Not every online shop deliver at home.

Thank you, Lisa, Douglas, Charlotta, echo, eolian and BWeaves! The Tahitian studs are a little over 11mm and were another set that Takahashi sorted and paired for me. About my personal size limit for studs. It’s not the weight, I just don’t love the look on me. The pearls are really beautiful.

I guess I have never taken pics of that ring so close. The colors are great and luster is strong, and they popped the closer I got. There were two of them in a showcase at Hong Kong, and I did a head whip when I saw them. Baby Nurse has the other one in yellow gold with pearls of different and equally beautiful colors. Echo, I am not a big ring wearer, so they avoid too much abuse. I used to be before having my son (a very long time ago). I had a small 4.5 ring finger and loved tiny delicate pieces. Can’t wear any of those anymore...

eolian, thank you for reminding me about TeHotu Mana! I have never bought from them online, but would look for them at some of the bigger arts and crafts fairs in Hawaii. They always have a big booth full of Tahitian pieces. I took photos of their booth several years ago on one of my trips. It’s posted somewhere in the other stuff thread. I am always drawn to the pieces they create with the Tahitian colors that pop. I have a few of their pieces that caught my eye because of their color. All from different shows- I liked the pop of aqua on the bracelet and necklace. The green on the ring is a very unusual color that is even brighter irl. Almost some lime to it.

Last edited:
Darn tried to edit and got that weird text box instead of the photo-
B0B12A64-9C66-4D8C-9212-6F6EE56FA2E1.jpeg

Thank you everyone for the kind words!

Charlotta2.0 I am really lucky to have small wrists, but honestly, that bracelet is quite (almost painfully) snug. However, I was determined to make those earrings regardless! The clasp is actually an old hoop earring that I pressed into an oval shape so it would give me some length.

echo Your bracelet remake looks so pretty; you did a lovely job! The rose gold findings and new gimp really elevate the look :D It looks great on your wrist.

Wow, jeg, those are some seriously fantastic colors on your Rikitea strand and T studs!!! And I am drooling over your Tahitian ring from Hong Kong - such a beautiful, dainty and unique piece! I never used to wear pearl rings, but now I like them because I can stare at the pearls for stress relief at work, haha. Your Te Hotu Mana pieces are also so lovely with those vivid colors!

eolian pearls Your deep purple Te Hotu Mana studs are incredible, and what a pretty pendant! The colors seem like they will match very well.

echo you can always make the bracelet longer later. I am like that as well, if I really want to make something I can cut apert a lot of pieces. If it doesn't work out they probably needed restringing anyway. I have discovered lots of pretty combinations that way.
Beautiful colorful tahitians jeg ,so pretty. I don't use rings often either. They gets in the way though I keep buying them, not often but still. I have a pretty jade and peridot ring that I really like but only worn at home so far.

Oh WOW jeg some of those TeHotu Mana colors are insane!!!! The ring!!! And the blues!!! The triple pendant necklace with each pearl a very special distinct color is a style that I love! It must be amazing shopping for your pearls in person, lucky lucky you! I am planning a trip to Polynesia somewhere in the not so far future and aside from all the natural beauty there I just can’t wait to do some on sight pearl shopping...

Thank you, SurfnSci, Charlotta and eolian! I agree with having rings just to stare at! :love: Eolian, a trip to Polynesia, to choose your pearls in person would be fabulous! Plus the scenery! Ahhhh...

Wearing a champagne golden SS strand from PP, with other pieces I made with pearls from Hong Kong. Mixed SS keshi knotted rope length and tin cup, and a tin cup made with Vietnamese Akoya. The Akoya are random pearls I pulled off a couple of mixed strands I used for a short rope, so they are not matching. They have been sitting, and I finally decided to do something with them.
7C0DF9AE-FC8B-4AF1-8F70-A9164E63E8E9.jpeg
BBFE6D91-DED2-408A-8031-4B9467100C44.jpeg

jeg Those SS and akoya pieces are sooo beautiful! The layered look is very chic, and I'm jealous of your perfect your wire wrapping skills!

jeg absolutely love your champagne GSS strand and keshi rope. Your layers play out very nicely for sure!

eolian pearls I really admire your determination of one year no buy! Be sure to unfollow social medias otherwise the temptations will get so strong. But the plan to go to Polynesia is even more alluring :). I think I saw your keshi leather set on Insta. Molly just updated a photo. It looks stunning. I’m sure they will look fabulous on you

They are GORGEOUS!

Oh Jeg the spring is in the air with your whole getup!!! Such wonderful pearls - the colors, the shapes, the luster! and wire-wrapping! Lovely!

Thank you echo! Yup those are my new keshi pieces! Yay! Oh the social media! They are definitely full of temptatioms and I am so used to checking my favorite etsy shops daily “just in case”...

Wonderful way to start the week, gazing on those sumptuous beauties jeg ! And your outfits too :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Happy Start of the Week!

Thank you, Marianne, SurfnSci, echo, eolian, and Douglas! You guys are too kind! :05: Haha, eolian- a couple days of sunshine and I can easily skip right into Spring!

Sea of Cortez keshi necklace from Kojima, metallic freshwater pearls and sapphire earrings from little h, a bracelet I made with blue Tahitians from JNB, and a blue sapphire bracelet that was a birthday gift a long time ago. I think in the 70’s when the tennis bracelets were so popular.
B610E6FC-BD4C-4678-AFC6-8437FBBCFDD1.jpeg

92105E02-9CF5-4804-BAB4-D9B375BAC90F.jpeg

Love Kojima's selection of Cortez keshi. Sarah always selected excellent keshi. Those look great!
​​​​​​Little h earrings combine perfectly with the necklace and the bracelets

Gorgeous pieces, jeg! I am very partial to your SoC lariat :heart:. It's such an amazing design and the keshi colors and luster are just fantastic.

Today was rather sunny so it felt like a GSS day :cool2: Pearls from JNBgems, GSS keshi from druzy, and my holiday Kasumi purchase from Kojima (though I switched the pearl to a different ring setting).

20220111_112739.jpg
20220111_113547.jpg

Sunny is Good in Winter :)
The pearls definitively liven and cast that golden shine on you. Just lovely!

SurfnSci Pretty pretty pretty!!!! Love your new ring (and its perfect wave setting!!!!) and your whole sunny and delicate look! Spring is coming!! Yay!!!!

jeg Well, that SoC Kojima piece is incredible! And the blues...And the littleH earrings...and the tennis bracelet that unexpectedly is perfect with all the pearls...Beautiful!

Thank you, Douglas, SurfnSci, and eolian! I agree, Douglas, Sarah has such a great eye for pearls and designs. As you can see, I am a big fan of Kojima pieces.

SurfnSci, those are such lovely golden pieces! I love that bracelet combo on a sunny day or to brighten a dreary day. It all works so nicely!

Keshi strands from Kojima, and a Japanese Kasumi ring also from Kojima. I chose the smooth Kasumi pearl at a Ruckus and had Sarah set it in the wavy band.
F46DE537-F693-4B78-B1A0-BA4CBEEABC32.jpeg
F70BB59C-71A5-4648-8C78-E2428499B523.jpeg

Back