Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

SurfnSci, what a gorgeous, glowing piece of wearable art ... the rose gold takes those pearls to new heights :)

Thank you so much, Douglas, eolian, TriciaS, Cathy, echo, Charlotta, BWeaves, and SurfnSci!:eek:

TriciaS, love your leather projects! I mentioned in the other thread what great gifts those are going to make!

Eolian, oh, the new Tahitian strands are coming together so wonderfully. I can’t wait to see them finished!

SurfnSci, wow, I love, love, the soft colors of your Kasumi pearls, and such a versatile design you converted it to. It looks fabulous as a necklace!

A long rope of Japanese baroque Akoya with Tahitian dangle, from Kojima. Worn with a short strand of color banded Tahitians.
59094AE3-CED8-4A4B-B023-00139BD9D8EA.jpeg
21207873-35D0-4034-9C51-9FEB8E9A235C.jpeg

Kasumis! Love them...and they look great on you! They just glow on you :D

Wow! These baroque Akoyas have a delightful blue colore to them...maybe it's just the background or the light but they look great. The Tahitian dangle emphasizes it perfectly. This is my favorite!

Is there a small pendant there (bottom-center) that is like a vial with tiny pearls? Like tiny little genies trapped in their magic lamp :) Love how playful that is.
Great collection...especially love the large pendants there :D

Such pretty pearls jeg. For some reason your posts didn't show up this morning when I commented last. Wierd. Must be my phone, maybe the connection was bad

The wire wrapped Kasumis turned out great!

Kojima is back up and there's a gorgeous pair of freshwater drop earrings, that I know are too heavy for my ears. But boy are they beautiful.

So many beautiful pearls - the ombré! The leatheroo pieces (so cool)! The wire-wrapped kasumis! The yards of blue akoyas!
I’ve been wearing my silver white Tahitians on high rotation recently, but today I swapped them out for some freshwater ripples.
8C542069-06C5-4DCB-AD10-71565A0A2EC8.jpeg

BWeaves I saw those Kojima drops too - stunning! But it’s the kasumi and SS drops next to them that are seriously testing my resolve… hopefully someone buys them before I give in!

Pretty in Metallic Pink! (made me remember that old movie with Molly Ringwald).
But those golden metallics are great too and make the pinks stand out all the more!

Good Eye spotting the genies Douglas :) ! Jeg, what a delightful Fall vignette that is; LOVE it. I was so relieved when Kojima went back up online again ... lovely pieces there as always!

Thank you all for the ombre love!!! I cant wait to finish this necklace, it really is a wonderful surprise for me that I found myself with all these pearls perfect for such a design! All dark Ts necklace can wait ;-) I have finished my T love necklace but we are have terrible weather here this week, no pictures of it today, but here is a pic of the purple blue T I wore over the weekend.
543C2347-32A6-468B-A8B5-5658E00DC8AB.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	543C2347-32A6-468B-A8B5-5658E00DC8AB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	414.6 KB ID:	457561

jeg Love your pearly autumn postcard!!! So many eye-catching pieces to admire! And that long blue akoya necklace!!! Dreamy...

SydK I totally believe your white Ts are on high rotation!!! Is it a necklace of pearls you collected? White Ts are on my wishlist first thing off the ban island...Love your ripples too!

SurfnSci Fantastic transformer Kasumis! They really are special pearls!

Last edited:
Very nice! We will await for your finished necklace here :D

Thank you, Douglas, Charlotta, Cathy, and eolian! Douglas, the Japanese Akoya are more a silvery color, but it does have touches of blue in the right lighting. The fall lighting here has been horrid for taking pics of pearls. The lighting for that pic was really weird. Almost made the pearls look like they were dipped in wax. :15: The little pendant in the other photo was gifted from dear CathyKeshi. They were put together by Dave, at Lagoon Pearls. The pearls are tiny saltwater wild pearls.

SydK, they are all good choices! Your short strands always sit so nicely on your neck!

Eolian, every time I see the floating necklace, I think I need one! Looking forward to seeing you wear your new strands, and I hear you on the weather. It’s been pretty dreary here.

A strand I put together with Tahitians from JNB. Worn with earrings I made.
A252F874-9484-4618-B364-6BFC7E821BA4.jpeg
D5BDD5B0-9C90-4A9E-85CA-B245944811C5.jpeg

Thank you Jeg and Douglas! Jeg, a floating pearl necklace is perfect for layering which you are a queen of so I definitely see an amazing one in your (near) future :)

We have finally had a sunny day here so it was just the right time to take my newly knotted Tahitian Love necklace out to play! It nests perfectly with my smaller Ts necklace and I really couldnt be happier with it! It truly is a “love” necklace, some pearls there are among the very first I bought when my pearl obsession started 5 years go. I dreamed of a multicolor necklace and here it is..... ❤️
674F96A8-112E-4AED-8F2E-74962F94D35A.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	65FD0C0D-2EAD-49F9-8F2B-47600F9FD3B4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	458.2 KB ID:	457610

Attachments

• 674F96A8-112E-4AED-8F2E-74962F94D35A.jpeg
    674F96A8-112E-4AED-8F2E-74962F94D35A.jpeg
    174.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 93FFB5E1-AFF9-4705-842E-59B5EE7EAE0A.jpeg
    93FFB5E1-AFF9-4705-842E-59B5EE7EAE0A.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 25
  • 26C9762E-634D-49A4-ABC0-C8D6A6A86CFE.jpeg
    26C9762E-634D-49A4-ABC0-C8D6A6A86CFE.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Eolian pearls, your Tahitian Love necklace is beautiful. You did a great job of combining and stringing your gorgeous pearls.
Jeg, more lovely Tahitians...so colorful.
SydK, what yummy ripples and what a lovely smile!

Looks wonderful and very versatile to wear! Love the colors in it and suits your skin perfectly :D

Back