Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you, AzFlyGirl, echo and SurfnSci! Echo, I love every one of your new acquisitions, too! All those new earrings are fantastic. In answer to your question, I use both kt gold and gold filled, but for the majority of the wire wrapped earrings I used gold filled.

SydK, I’ve seen a few of the blue Eyris pieces in person and they are stunning! Thank you for reminding me about those beautiful pieces.

A Kamoka Harvest bracelet and a Tahitian pendant from Kojima, with a dark Tahitian strand and keshi chain I made.
D844D123-978A-42B6-BA45-B48BA64202D5.jpeg
52054C5E-EFB9-4330-8E88-C60E296C3AF0.jpeg

Another San Francisco street artist that I was happy to find again, was a gentleman who is a leather artist. I bought a cool bag from him, even though I don’t carry a purse, and some woven cord bracelets/necklaces during the summer. I loaded up on some different cords this time because he is leaving for his homeland for at least the next year. Wearing one of the brown leather cords with a Tahitian pendant and earrings I made.
B7DB2C1F-8D58-4158-B58F-334BA4331A1D.jpeg
1D0FFE0D-12A6-4E26-A7BE-FF33E02F01ED.jpeg

SydK your big FW studs and blue Eyris pearl have gorgeous butterfly wing colour. They are so so pretty. Blue Eyris is on my wish list. One day…:p

jeg your T strand is again a feast to the eyes. I can stare at each one of the pearls all day! At the same time I also absolutely love the leather cord + single T pendant look on you. It is timeless, effortless and elegant

Thank you echo! You are too kind!:eek:

Something very special from the Kojima Studio visit(s). A vintage necklace of coral beads. Fuji said he got them some time in maybe the 60’s, and they were old at that time. The pair of little coral fish came home with me from my visit this summer. They have holes for pegs in their mouths, and would make such a fun pair of earrings, but I just can’t bring myself to glue them, so they are little figurines for now. And the Tahitian and coral bead necklace is one that I have had from Kojima. It has been so dark here this week, so all my pics are rather dark-
13449AE2-3767-47EF-95D2-3D2B4FD49960.jpeg
34E76E00-AF97-4AF4-8F88-B27456618548.jpeg

Jeg, that coral is astounding ... gorgeous! I was offered a couple of vintage coral fish earlier this year but didn't buy. Similar but maybe not quite as nice in carving, but lovely colors; those were drilled through the head, so they'd hang sideways rather than vertical :) They were also vintage, dating back to at least the 60's if not older, my guess is older. Beautiful look, Jeg :)

Lovely coral items jeg and it mixes quite well with the Tahitians. Your pictures are just perfect as always :)
Been looking and enjoying everyone's jewelry, but been so tied up with work that I just look, pin it up and then head to the next thing! But this thread really light up my day! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Happy weekend, all!
SydK Your Eyris pendant - bestill my heart! What a beauty! Eyris abalone is definitely on my wishlist.
jeg So many beautiful pieces! Your Kamoka harvest bracelet is fantastic. Is it one of the new ones from 2021? Your keshi "chain" is also amazing. I adore those little coral fish and your special coral necklace, wow!

Today I'm wearing T's from JNB gems with a white SoC keshi piece that was originally a cable chain bracelet. This was my very first ombre attempt a few years ago :nervous:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211017_132812.jpg Views:	0 Size:	482.1 KB ID:	457398 Click image for larger version  Name:	20211017_133016.jpg Views:	0 Size:	550.0 KB ID:	457399

Thank you, Cathy, Douglas, and SurfnSci! Cathy, the little fish are so adorable. The one on top is carved in motion- it’s curved and has a tail that is swishing. Douglas, it’s good to be busy with work, as long as it’s not stressful! SurfnSci, what a great remake with your SOC keshi and ombré Tahitians! Nice! The Kamoka Harvest bracelet was not a recent purchase. It is from a PP Ruckus several years ago.

Sea of Cortez strand, with the Seaglass Tahitian strand, both from Kojima.
80627081-4DDA-4966-9753-30E246AF3683.jpeg
B4908004-7C5F-456A-84BF-41C6A41FA643.jpeg

Very nice strands jeg and BTW: I like the clasps! White gold?

Thanks, Douglas! Yes, the Sea of Cortez strand has a fancy white gold clasp with diamonds. I don’t know about the history of it, but Masik had originally strung it with that clasp.

Hmmm! I think I remember the clasp! I believe I saw it on the necklace at a Tucson Gem Show!:01:

Does this look familiar? I keep forgetting to ask Masik about it, and I am not a diamond person so I am no help at all.
Click image for larger version  Name:	BFF588E5-25EB-4494-B063-D00389A8B37B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	386.8 KB ID:	457414

Oh my goodness, jeg, that is a such a beautiful SoC necklace!!!! And it looks so lovely paired with those pretty seaglass Tahitians, too. Fantastic pearl combo!

Yes! It is :D
Had these baguette cut diamonds that I liked (not a diamond person either!)

Thanks so much, SurfnSci!!

Japan Kasumi strand from Kojima, top Harvest 2019, with earrings I made-
8A8A9D83-4E32-4EF5-B0F7-38E7B4FF52FB.jpeg
C74DD5F9-AA6F-41C2-B83E-6A23E843B518.jpeg

Have I ever mentioned that Kasumis are my FAVORITE Freshwater Pearl???? If not...here it goes again: Kasumis are my Favorite FWPs!
Love to see these deliciously metallic and organic looking pearls ALWAYS! Congratulations on your beauties...and I see a more Autumn dresswear now too. Lovely as always jeg

JEG Oh, so many favorites. Love the sea glass strand. But the SoC and the Kasumis are to die for.

echo your new earrings are beautiful, the colors and the luster are amazing.
SydK stunning blue combination
SurfnSci. Pretty ombre bracelet. I love ombre anything really. Even did a sort of ombre flower bed last spring.
AzFlyGirl, so many stunning strands. They look great on you. How wonderful it would be to be able to try out pearls in person. No good pearls to be had in sweden. Not any that I want anyway.
jeg where to start, so many beautiful combinations. Those kasumi are so colorful. I remember when I first noticed those crinkly colorful pearls, I think that it was when freshwater ripples first got popular. And fireballs and what not. I only had akoyas, off round freshwater pearls and some rather dull tahitians in a bracelet then. I thought that they were so fabulous. Then I couldn't afford any good ones, so I purchased some dyed fireballs. They were so hideous that I stayed away from freshwater pearls for a long while.

SurfnSci love how you combine the SoC with the Ts in a bracelet. They look really beautiful together! I like it better this way than the SoC on a chain

jeg Absolutely enjoy looking at your treasures again :love: look at those glossy and red corals! That coral and T mixed strand and the sea glass strand are so oceanic and dreamy. The SoC and Kasumi strand are filled with colours and joy. Even though it’s autumn in the northern hemisphere summer seems to keep lingering on you neck :cool:

Charlotta thank you! I had the same feelings about FW like you. Too many duds out there really ruin FW reputation.

Last edited:
Exactly echo . I tried ripples some years later and even though they were much better than the hideous dyed fireballs, they were to large and mostly pale for me,in strands at least. I have used them in my Happy bracelets, and they are great mixed with other pearls. My thoughts on freshwater pearls weren't restored until Wendy made my rainbow strand and a while later my transformer edison huggies. Those have amazing edisons in them.
Well I cannot show you them since I have apparantly uploaded to many photos in the past. Should I make another userprofile CortezPearls

Back