Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you CathyKeshi, Rokor, and Tricia! I always try to take some snapshots when I visit the studio to give you another look at all the fantastic pieces. I wish I would’ve thought to take some snaps of trying on some of the pieces so you could get an idea of how they look on. Next time...

eolian, you have really added some great new pearly goodies! The Tahitian studs are wonderful, and :p that new keshi strand!

Cathy- definitely for our next hotel room- show and tell- play date!;)

More pics of the blue Tahitian pearls from Alexander Collins. Worn with an abalone smile-
Click image for larger version  Name:	C25137AC-035A-47C6-BFD4-4D5A3AA60622.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	229.2 KB ID:	455646
Click image for larger version  Name:	A57B595F-60D7-486A-AA7C-1FED3FAE924F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	122.5 KB ID:	455649
Click image for larger version  Name:	35A5AEE5-D03A-4B86-B74D-8955BF63BBBF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	164.8 KB ID:	455648

Last edited:
Stunning pearls. The blue color really comes through. Always look forward to your posts and pictures.

Thanks so much, JerseyPearl and Luvglitz! These pearls really love natural light, but I haven’t been able to really capture the glow.

Fabulous pearls, everyone! You all are looking so spectacular!!!

Jeg, those blue Tahitians are breathtaking!!!

Your new blue Collins strand is so stunning jeg It looks like the ocean. And like the ocean cannot decide what shade of blue it is and therefore changes all the time. From stormy deep blue to a more cheerful metallic teal. Even though you say that you cannot capture the glow, it's mesmerizing. It looks different in every photo you take. Truly a masterpiece.

eolian pearls Wow, your new RW tahitian studs and keshis are soooo beautiful, and your Druzy Ts are so lustrous!!!

jeg Haha, despite those Kojima GSS calling to me, I am vacationing on Ban Island for a bit after some impulse Kamoka purchases :eek: But oh my goodness, your blue Collins strand is seriously breathtaking!!! What a treasure! I love the abalone styling, too

Thank you so much, 86C, Charlotta, and SurfnSci! SurfnSci, I’ve been on my way to Ban Island more times than I can count, but I keep getting distracted and jump off the boat. Charlotta, you nailed the description! The ocean is a perfect descriptor. It’s deep and blue, and flashes mostly aqua in natural light, then shades of tealy green with the right clothes. I have been wearing it all week. Promise to make a change tomorrow. Wearing it with a fun pendant I bought from a street artist in San Francisco.

Click image for larger version  Name:	84AF587E-A477-465A-A304-673AB63C6377.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	239.2 KB ID:	455690
45D7B024-45B6-4D7E-8D39-247E47ACD3E8.jpeg

Attachments

• 6A93AD1E-046E-43AE-ADAE-F52FBB44C6CE.jpeg
    6A93AD1E-046E-43AE-ADAE-F52FBB44C6CE.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
LOL Jeg NOOOOOOOOO don't change the blues just yet .... LOVE it with the abalone smile :)
Beautiful pearls everyone!
I slipped on the dock getting on the ferry to Ban Island ... Walter got me on the next ferry ;)

Oh sweet Lord! That pearl necklace is truly special...made me remember a night dive (Scuba) I had in the Caribbean so many years ago...and the pendant is quite cute!

Oh Jeg the blue unicorn is incredible in every photo!!!! To me it looks like something out of the movie “Avatar” - so so LUSH!!!!

Thank you all for your compliments on my new keshis and studs. So so happy with them! Another pic to show the different colors, happy to have them both in my family!

We have crazy hot weather here and it is (almost) impossible to wear pearls so I tried with this light version - a 0,5mm wire and my first pastel blue pearl from Rangiroa that started it all...with
CD67D7CC-BD04-45A2-9837-F75A4EC05274.jpeg
my favorite triple pearl earrings from Margaret of Simply Adorned...

Attachments

• CD67D7CC-BD04-45A2-9837-F75A4EC05274.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 29
:lmao:Thank you, Cathy! It certainly won’t be the last... And thank you, Douglas and eolian!

Eolian, those silvery blues in your earrings, and that beautiful pendant...! That was a good start, and big enticement for more to come! Earrings are great for hot weather. Strands don’t last long at all around my neck if I’m not indoors during hot weather.

I bought a few other things from the artist in San Francisco. I added pearls to the round earrings and haven’t decided whether or not to add pearls to the longer pair or leave them alone. I also bought a purse from a leather artist. I was watching him as we were eating dinner outside and my eyes went right to the bag. So unique. Couldn’t resist even though I don’t even carry purses or bags.:shrug:

E660ABD8-6EB6-454B-A608-849590783349.jpeg

A beautiful evening last night to hop the ferry across the Sound. MSC is in town and is hiking around the.Olympic Peninsula, so I boarded the ferry and met her for dinner. She had some fun new projects for show and tell (doh, why did I not take pictures!) with little scrap metal pieces. Loved seeing her work and hearing about her inspiration. I was also so entertained by her field project studying, hmmm... I think they were Allegheny woodrats. I do not know my rats... MSC, I hope you will post about the jewelry class you will be taking around the Mount Rainier area.

F4021B31-E37C-4670-90EB-806831FCCD4D.jpeg
51D4B72A-5BBD-4831-A730-433B5A174373.jpeg

Oh, beautiful pearls everyone. I've been wearing pearls, but not photographing them.

Oooh YAY, you got to have dinner with MSC; her new jewelers pursuits are so fascinating ... and I admit to not knowing one rat from another either :).

Eolian, those lovely pale BLUEs are a divine way to look cooler!

Me, too, BW. Chris came home from the drag races this past weekend & tested positive for covid. I'm now taking care of him. Wearing pearls but no pics.

Lovely to catch up with the beauties...
Best thread ever

Eolian, I looove your pendant and wire chain! Those earrings are really lovely, as well.

Jeg, your new pieces from San Francisco are fabulous and the T's you added to the left earring pair look perfect and chic!

Today I wore oval T's from JNBGems and a Kamoka pearl that I mounted on a twisted gold wire setting I made.

Attachments

• 20210801_191018.jpg
    20210801_191018.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image_71047.jpg
    image_71047.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 27
  • image_71048.jpg
    image_71048.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 26
eolian pearls, I can see why those triple earrings are a favorite. Such an amazing color and luster.
jeg, pretty earrings and pendant. It will be fun seeing what you do with them.
SurfnSci, those oval tahitians are amazing and that ring looks great. Did you twist two wires and mad a peg with them that you could glue the pearl on? If so I have to try that.

Back