Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Gorgeous pearls jeg, those huge keshis are truly special.
@eolianpearls, beautiful edisons. It looks amazing.

That Edison strand is superb eolian pearls :35::approve: the shapes, luster, color, symmetry...it's Stunning!

I always have a question when someone says these are Edisons. How could you be so sure that these come from Grace Pearls before or Edison Pearls nowadays?

Thanks so much amti, Douglas, MoonDrops, eolian and Charlotta!

Thank you, amti- I’m sure you remember from hanging out at past Ruckus’ I am all about comfortable clothes.

Haha, Douglas, I am not sure about a unicorn, but it is definitely in the pretty pony category as an unusually large size for Tahitian keshi. It hangs nicely and I love the shapes. Ahh yes! 2019... SF... PBTB! It was a blast touring the city with you, Sunseeker, BabyNurse, and KaySD! And the PEARLS!!!

eolian, a fantastic choice for a Christmas gift for your sister! Please model it before parting with it!

Cees, I think Katbran made a good analogy before about the name becoming synonymous with beautiful freshwater pearls- like all tissues being called Kleenex. Even though Edison’s and Ming have their own provenance, it has become a descriptor. But I do understand your point of view.

Keshi strands from Kojima with earrings I made. The shorter strand is from our recent visit to the studio.
B13B4811-00AA-4200-A7C6-6E6A9AB8CEB0.jpeg
8B930586-BE0C-46AF-8968-9FE8D49FFF0C.jpeg

Thank you Charlotta, Douglas and Jeg! Will definitely model the necklace once it is knotted ;-)

Cees, you are right, these are not the real Edisons, I checked with the vendor who used this name in her description of the pearls if they come from the Edison Pearls and they do not. She said (as Jeg commented) that the name Edisons is now widely used for quality bead nucleated freshwaters.

Jeg, you are having a great keshi week:arms:So so pretty!!!!

As a faithful lurker on this thread, I have to say thank you to everyone for posting your amazing eye-candy! jeg your keshi collection is inspirational :D

Thank you, eolian, Charlotta, and SurfnSci!

I have been away on another pearl playdate. Just finished loading some pics of our mini Ruckus at PP, in the other stuff thread. I came home with some wonderful pieces from little h. Tahitian earrings and a pendant with emeralds, and freshwater pearls with sapphires.
12989919-A52D-4168-8FB7-BF19949E6347.jpeg
35505E73-AAC0-4D1E-934F-03BFCB6065BB.jpeg
E54B77A1-16EA-42AF-8EEC-822C99B70F67.jpeg
71256B65-0AB2-4DA2-9A0D-A09BE93FD2B9.jpeg
833EC2AD-E4BB-497A-BC1D-AC85D985F976.jpeg

Oh Wow! Jeg...those are SPLENDID! :07:
I LOVE Hisano's designs...the Tahitians look superb with emeralds!
And the metallics look great with the swirl design...what are the stones? Can't tell...tell us about the Mini-Ruckus!
Jeremy told me he loved it!

Holy Moley, Jeg!! I've been loving your latest pearl posts but you have really stepped up the bar. Your little h pieces are absolutely glorious, especially the emerald & Tahitian set! Absolutely gorgeous! The Tahitian & sapphire earrings are classic streamline beauties! Such fabulous finds!

It has rained every day for over a week. Cloudy, so muggy & humid, just dreary. I received a strand of mixed Akoyas from Paradise Pearl Thailand today. I bought 2 strands & had them combined into a long length, 5-7mm. Luster is very sharp & crisp with golds, blues, yellows, creams, & white shades, very clean almost round baroques. This will be a great necklace for the hot & humid conditions of Georgia. I wore it to the store with my blue akoya rope of 8mm & my PP 8.5mm necklace.

Attachments

• photo70373.jpg
    photo70373.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Thank you Douglas and 86C! Douglas, it is a swirl of sapphires. Wish you could’ve joined us. It isn’t an official Ruckus without you! I posted lots of pics in the Other Stuff thread!

That’s a really pretty pairing 86C! I am loving those smaller mm ropes, too, to keep things light.

jeg - beautiful choices of little h designs. Love the Tahitians with emeralds, especially those pearls on that stunning pendant.

jeg, beautiful little h pieces. And so fun picking them out yourself and in person.
86Corvettegirl, lovely new akoyas. I have never shopped from Paradise pearl Thailand, do they have a website?

I thought they would be sapphires...I saw some blue in them :)

Oh well! We are still struggling with COVID all over the world, but we all seem to be ready to emerge! There will be other pearl gatherings I'm hoping!
Thank you for sharing the photos of the event...LOVED THEM!

jeg, beautiful little h pieces. And so fun picking them out yourself and in person.
86Corvettegirl, lovely new akoyas. I have never shopped from Paradise pearl Thailand, do they have a website?

Thank you, Charlotta. I don't think they have a website. I communicated with them through Instagram. We messaged info back & forth, pictures, & discussed how I wanted the strand to look. The shipping was fast through Fedex with the necklace arriving within a week. Sonia looked through their inventory for what I wanted in the size I was looking for. Unfortunately, they didn't have the size I wanted in enough quantity for a long necklace but they did have these. After much discussion & lots of pics, I decided to get the smaller size. I'm glad I did because the luster is awesome & the strand is light & comfortable.

Oh Jeg your little h pieces are stunning!!!! Such a beautiful and unique combination of pearls and gemstones!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pendant especially!!!!

86C your akoyas are so beautiful! The luster and colors are amazing!

Charlotta you will love the Paradisepearlsthailand! Sonia is very quick to respond and provides as many pictures and videos as you need to decide. I have bought some akoyas from them ( white studs for my Mom and naturally pink ones for me) and I was very happy with them!

Back