Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Well sadly, talented...naaah (tiny, sad headshake), or at least, not where I want to be. But maybe that’s the way of it? Always grass greener?
So, as it happens, I do take photos:yikes:. Who made this emoji, I love it!

Attachments

• photo70173.jpg
    photo70173.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 29
Nice wrist-watches lisa c :)
I purchased my wife one similar to these...nice MOP face-plate :) but your bands are much prettier!
Many emojis for all to use ;)

Beautiful pearls everyone as always!!!!

Jeg, your goldens are so so dreamy and I love your layering of all the different colorful tahitians! Such a treat for eyes!

86C love the tin cup! Your picture convinced me that I really REALLY need a light pearls tin cup as well!

“All Josh” is truly something special BWeaves!

I have received a tiny pearl package this week with two pairs of Edison studs for me (and my sis) and I do love them!!! Now I am waiting for that full strand that should...probably.... be for my sister... :) Have paired the studs with my rainbow Ts on leather here, I this I will wear this combination very often!

Wishing everyone a beautiful Sunday!

Very nice! That Rainbow T and the earrings are dreamy :D

filedata/fetch?filedataid=70174 Here comes the bling, and the story starts where Mom bought me an unmounted CZ, to replace my stolen engagement ring. I was moving, a tip was broken off, took my set off to protect it. Even though divorcing, sentimental, never took the rings off. We had 2 kids together and a long marriage, and after all the rings never hurt anyone!

so, we are 3 sisters, 2 at one time had decent solitaires, 1who never had a diamond and claimed she didn’t want one. After Mom died, she got Mom’s ring, first time shiny!

I just thought “I miss my ring, I’d like buy some shiny stuff, and I’ll get one for my sister who had to sell hers”, and there was this tray full of shiny stuff....I went nuts! But! I didn’t break the bank, still, literally I could wear them on my toes. Now what? Nothing, that’s what, I’m just wearing them all, letting them flop around on my fingers, having fun, being a ThriftStoreGabor (as in I don’t think the Gabor sisters would ever stoop to less than the real thing, but I’m having a blast!)
filedata/fetch?filedataid=70175

Last edited:
Nice watches lisa c and I love your ring story. I have rings but never wears them, too unpractical. The same with high heels. If it's uncomfortable or unpractical...well I don't use them. The same with those itchy nylon stockings, I hate those and have refused wearing them for years. That's me, practical.

Oh, high heels! I loved high heels! And high heeled suede boots...when I moved to Pittsburgh in 1990 I had so many great shoes and boots that my sister labeled my boxes “Imelda”.
Not high end footwear, but nice and I loved them all. I think I might be a Sybarite. It’s a good thing pearls are small, comparatively, if one is a magpie.

Oh, my! I'm loving the Tahitians, Jeg & BW!!! Colors are so special.

I wore my 9.5-10mm Akoya strand from PP with SS enhancer from David Norman to dinner with the in laws. I paired them with my ruby, diamond, Akoya pearl earrings, 2 SS bracelets from David Norman, & my ruby & pearl Empress ring.
I don't know why I can't post full images or make pics larger. Sorry.

Attachments

• photo70181.jpg
    photo70181.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 19
  • photo70182.jpg
    photo70182.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 19
Eolian: Wow, those rainbow T's really glow. I love the colors. And on the leather, they really stand out. I love the look of pearls on leather, but I'm afraid the leather wouldn't hold up in Florida. Between rain and sweat, I feel like the leather would get stiff and grungy, which is a shame, because I love the look.

You might want to take a look at Kamoka for that. They use kangaroo leather and it'll hold up for daily showering as well as surfing.

You might want to take a look at Kamoka for that. They use kangaroo leather and it'll hold up for daily showering as well as surfing.

Yes, I think you need a special kind of leather for surfing or for “intense” use. I have a simple leather on my bracelets and necklace, I use one of my bracelets all summer for swimming as well but after two months I remake it just to be sure.

We had a photographer with his surfer wife on the island some years ago doing a photoshoot, they were staying at a friends house and I was waiting for them at the port. The first thing I see is a gorgeous Ts leather neckace on her!!! So of course my first question is about the pearls :) Turns out the photographer’s cousin lives in Mexico and makes leather pearl jewelry...Using a special resistent hand rolled leather in her designs. I immediately checked her site, it is called TerreMerLove and there are some lovely designs. Too pricey for me, but a great inspiration. The most important information was that the surfer has been wearing her necklace non stop for 4 years at the time and it was still holding up and looking great! They live in Costa Rica. I am sure there are leather options for Florida too BWeaves.

Thank you all for my rainbow leather compliments! It is one of my most frequently used pieces.

LisaC you are so funny! I feel you with Ebay auctions and out of control pearl purchases... I know VERY well how it feels to wake up and ask oneself “I really really did buy that?” Checking PG regularily does that to you I noticed :)

Oh, my! I'm loving the Tahitians, Jeg & BW!!! Colors are so special.

I wore my 9.5-10mm Akoya strand from PP with SS enhancer from David Norman to dinner with the in laws. I paired them with my ruby, diamond, Akoya pearl earrings, 2 SS bracelets from David Norman, & my ruby & pearl Empress ring.
I don't know why I can't post full images or make pics larger. Sorry.

Don't worry! The photos came out GREAT! :D and they look fantastic on you.

Yes, I think you need a special kind of leather for surfing or for “intense” use. I have a simple leather on my bracelets and necklace, I use one of my bracelets all summer for swimming as well but after two months I remake it just to be sure.

We had a photographer with his surfer wife on the island some years ago doing a photoshoot, they were staying at a friends house and I was waiting for them at the port. The first thing I see is a gorgeous Ts leather neckace on her!!! So of course my first question is about the pearls :) Turns out the photographer’s cousin lives in Mexico and makes leather pearl jewelry...Using a special resistent hand rolled leather in her designs. I immediately checked her site, it is called TerreMerLove and there are some lovely designs. Too pricey for me, but a great inspiration. The most important information was that the surfer has been wearing her necklace non stop for 4 years at the time and it was still holding up and looking great! They live in Costa Rica. I am sure there are leather options for Florida too BWeaves.

Another option is "Duracord" the textile used in hammocks, parachutes and other extreme sports gear. It doesn't feel like leather (nothing feels like it...except for some vegan leather options), it feels more like cotton... but it ends up looking quite nice and it is amazingly durable under "extreme" usage, such as diving and surfing.

Thank you, BWeaves, CathyKeshi, Charlotta, eolian, LisaC, and 86C!

Eolian, splendid colors on your rainbow Tahitian cord! Your pieces are perfect for your dreamy sea setting.

86C, fabulous David Norman and PP pearls for your dining out!

I have been over the mountains helping out again. Will be here for at least a few more days. The family home sits on the river. I tried to get a pic of the full moon last night but not very successfully. And another pic from early morning-
49979757-C1B4-4C1F-B3B1-2403170D1C4F.jpeg
84D88420-F2B6-40B0-86DF-1DAED86A3763.jpeg

Pulling some photos from my files to post pearl pics!
Metallic freshwater Y necklace from PP, with freshwater earrings I made.
C85ABBE9-0B28-424D-A761-A6FDD06BCC0E.jpeg
DD7DF74C-FE6D-4EB3-83D6-16818F3B3F55.jpeg

Such pretty photos jeg. That lariat is gorgeous. I tried to make something similar ones, but it would not hang right. I had forgotten all about that until I saw your photo. I wonder what I did instead.

Beautifullariat jeg Love the earrings too...that "goldeny" sheen is very nice!

Thank you, Charlotta and Douglas! Not sure if there is a trick to it all, Charlotta, but this one seems to hang nicely. :shrug: Perhaps you’ll give it another try sometime.

I just tried posting using my phone...got the photos up, but no text.

This is a chalcedony and pearl necklace made by Nancy Yuan, and purchased from an online consignment site. The main pearl is a 10.5mm carved tahitian and I believe the small gray oval pearls are dyed freshwater pearls. I also purchased a similar necklace with onyx beads. They are rather dainty necklaces but I love them for the summer. I thought the carving was lovely.

When I looked at Nancy Yuan's website, I saw only gold jewelry, but was able to find this necklace and others by doing a search on "tahitian." I wonder if she no longer is making pearl jewelry and that is why the consignment site has some of her pieces. Most have been purchased but there is still a lariat necklace made with malachite beads with two carved tahitians as well as a gorgeous, long tahitian strand with a beautiful sapphire and gold clasp. I've resisted temptation for several weeks now but I might succumb one of these days.

Back