Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

It’s beautiful, eolian! Reflects so nicely off your top/dress.

Just returned from a pearl play date with Newberry and lmgarden. We met up at SFO, and headed to San Rafael for a few days of pearls and friendship. I posted lots of pics in the Other Stuff thread. I am posting my new treasures in this thread...

A sister strand for Bubbles! A strand of graduated colors from the same family as Bubbles.
FDD37925-C3AA-4360-AFD6-42A3F22E95BE.jpeg
DF82EFA8-3495-40CB-9633-BB76F94AD494.jpeg
5BA1E66F-D663-4491-A960-773D24DA299A.jpeg

Difficult to capture the colors in this beautiful strand of Sea of Cortez pearls. A very special strand-
59EDD43D-AD04-4904-AA2C-D2BD52CBAA20.jpeg
561F5BC5-2A58-4B9A-A4E3-9EF6EC4C40E4.jpeg

And a couple more things I had to come home with. A sweet delicate keshi strand that goes with the longer strand I already had. And a light, delicate mixed strand with golds and blacks.
A12C03DA-AE0D-4359-B2E9-37D7D0EE4657.jpeg
34F29CAC-4CFD-496F-8B47-30E0B89C460A.jpeg

Oh! Oh! Oh! Eolian, and jeg, and dogawnit, I knew I should’ve written all the names down, now I’ll have to edit a gazillion times - who owns the SoC strand? Crazy fun stuff, and that suit with the designer flower and demure pearls! I love it ALL!

eolian pearls your pendant is so gorgeous! It's so rainbow-y and shiny!

jeg I love the colors in your bubbles strands and that Sea of Cortez strand is a stunner! Keshi strands aren't something I've considered before but yours are making me consider!

I'm excited to have something to share here! I ordered a couple of bracelets from Pearl Paradise and they arrived today! They're sooooo preeeeetty. Here they are together with one of the strands I found at an antique store this weekend. That strand was FILTHY so I cut it apart, washed the pearls, "flossed" them to get the gunk :yuck: out of the holes, and temporarily strung them on some silk while I wait for my stringing kit from Pattye to arrive. I kind of like the random placement of the sizes instead of smallest at the ends and biggest in the center. Anyway, I know these are bitty, but I love them and I think they're more wearable for me. I have plans to turn them into necklaces once I get good at stringing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210510_144430.jpg Views:	0 Size:	253.7 KB ID:	453164
Edit to add: washed in room temperature distilled water and a bit of dr bronners unscented soap and rinsed with distilled. I've been reading a LOT on here.

I went a bit bonkers ordering pearls online the last week. It's fine. I'm stimulating the economy, okay!? :lmao:

AngelinaS you made out like a bandit with the graduated strand - talk about “You clean up good!” pearls, wow!
I agree, pearls stimulate a small but Extremely important part of the economy.

lisa c Thank you so much! My eye isn't trained to recognize real pearls yet but I figured it was worth it for the 10k and 14k clasps alone. Once I cleaned both strands I was even more happy with my finds, but there's something about the graduated pearls that I'm so in love with. I keep taking them out and gazing at them adoringly!

I sort of neglected your new bracelets because I just love graduated strands to my own distraction. The 2 new bracelets are really cool as well!

Thank you! I especially love the lavender one. And I love graduated strands, too! I want more! :18:

Oh, WOW!!! Such beautiful pearls & new acquisitions!!!
Eolian, your pearl is beautiful & looks wonderful against your skin.

Jeg, I am blown away by your new treasures. The bubbles sister steam is spectacular & that SOC necklace is fabulous!!! I love the gorgeous colors & textures of the keshi strands. Perfect for layering. You hit the jackpot!

AngelinaS, I love your bracelets. Be sure to post pics when you restring the graduated necklace.

For me, I wore turquoise & pearls for Mother's Day.
20210509_232305 (2).jpg

It’s beautiful, eolian! Reflects so nicely off your top/dress.

Just returned from a pearl play date with Newberry and lmgarden. We met up at SFO, and headed to San Rafael for a few days of pearls and friendship. I posted lots of pics in the Other Stuff thread. I am posting my new treasures in this thread...

A sister strand for Bubbles! A strand of graduated colors from the same family as Bubbles.

Glad to see you got that graduated strand. It looked amazing when I first saw it. Lovely choices.

Thank you, LisaC, AngelinaS, Pareltje, 86C, and Red!

AngelinaS, those bracelets are so pretty! So glad you’ve joined in, but you really don’t need to have pearls to play here! Looking forward to your recent splurge!

86C, such a pretty, cool breeze look! Hope you had the best Mother’s Day ever.

Red, wish you could’ve joined us in person, but I guess Face Time is the next best... we missed you!

I had so much to catch up on, on this thread.
Gorgeous pearls, Ladies ! So many beautiful strands and pendants. Love Love Love.

Jeg, I love your new strand, it is exquisite.........and always love seeing Bubbles.

Thank you for the pendant love everyone!

Jeg, I knew you would come back with amazing finds!!! You are so right to spoil the Bubble with new friends, she is so precious as is her new sister strand! And the SoC necklace...can’t imagine how special it is IRL! I thought these are almost impossible to find...so of course you would have it :)

AngelinaS welcome to the pearl obsession! You have chosen lovely bracelets, you will get so much joy out of staring at them , you’ll see! I am looking forward to seeing more of your finds! It’s always so exciting to get pearly packages and share new beauties!

86C love your pearls&turquoise combination!

86C - How many ways to sing we love it? How many ways to show how much we care?
Best combinations, pearls and sky.

Back