Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

That ring is gorgeous Bweaves, there are som many colors in that pearl.
SydK, your blue strand is very pretty. A blue strand goes with just about anything.
86Corvettegirl, your photos shows up just fine and those tahitians looks great on you. The update was challanging at first, but I think that you will see it's benefits after a while. I am accually mostly using my phone these days when I 'm on pearl guide, since it's as easy to read posts on it now as it is/was on my tablet. My tablet is so old it belongs in a museum...almost but I cannot find one that I like since they don't do experia tablets anymore. Phone it is...

SydK, I love your new mixed choker.

86C, Love your T's! I found I had to make my photos bigger than I thought, and then they showed up a decent size. Your's are showing postage stamp size on my laptop.

Thanks, Douglas, eolian, BWeaves, and SydK! :veryhappy:

BWeaves, I still wear all the traditional style puka shell necklaces. I love them, always have, and I remember that one David Cassidy wore. Maybe on the cover of Tiger Beat?:18:

SydK, what a fun strand of mixed blues you created! :arms:

86C, so good to see you and your Tahitians.:wave:

Trying out the new emojis.:lmao:

All of you guys and your posts are treats! Highlights of the days, for sure.

On my phone, the photos in the posts are almost always blurry until you tap them, and you’re sent to the original photo. Then one can enlarge to ones (my) heart’s content, with nice crisp pictures. Kind of a pain but doable.

Yes, I hear you...but it's the "new way" (not that we wanted to change this, its embedded in the new software update). In a way it is superior to the old system, but we all get used to doing things in a certain way and it becomes effortless.
What I really like is the new "Scrolling Gallery" in which you can just enjoy the photos and "roll them" when moving them from side to side.

Always a tit for a tat :34:

I found by accident a few years ago, that my blue baroque akoyas really pop against olive drab. So I'm wearing all the blues today. Long and short necklaces are from PP. The middle necklace is from my first Ruckus purchase. The topaz and pearl drop earrings are from Kojima. The little topazes in the hoops sparkle like little diamonds, although it's impossible to capture in a photo.

That short necklace has amazing color. But it's the necklace I mentioned in another thread that had all the loose nuclei. It was a bitch to restring. But the nacre is super thick. I had to not use a couple of the pearls because I just couldn't thread them on a needle. That's when I discovered that I really like a 17 inch length necklace.

IMG_9704.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9704.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	287.9 KB ID:	451843

Bweaves, you must’ve succumbed and put the A/C on! Gorgeous pearls! Put a headband on and you’ll be an It Girl, happy sigh...

Yep, Douglas, that’s the truth.
I think for a more secure website, and hopefully fewer headaches for you guys - those outages were surely lonesome.
(I feel a cowgirl hat and a song comin’ on, stop me now....)

Last edited:
Coming up with an outfit for a charity art auction I'm a part of has been a fun part of the day(or should I say night, I've been working since early yesterday). My Mikimoto accessories came in also so I have a good selection of charms, pendants, and brooches to choose from. Here's what I came up with.
DSC09989 (2).JPG

DSC09994 (2).JPG

To be fair the cufflinks are hidden when worn normally, but I pulled them out for the photo. This is my take on casual black tie.

Bweaves, you must’ve succumbed and put the A/C on!

Haha. It's central Florida. The AC is always on. It's to keep the humidity down. Actually, I keep flipping between heat and air. One day it's 60F and the next day it's 90F. I hate that. It's so much easier to dress for the day when it either stays cold or stays hot.

Rokor: Love your look from the pearl "tie" to the brooch, to the cufflinks and tennis bracelet. Looks sharp. I love a suit worn with a shirt with cufflinks. The brooch is definitely the standout.

Hey rokor Looking sharp!
And the blue akoyas do pop! over olive green BWeaves

Feel good about the update by now...and the best is we seem to have ironed out the wrinkles. I'll probably just tell the programmer we are done :)

​​​​​​​We've got smilies galore...photo upload works, text is bigger and looks great on a phone...and MORE SECURE.

Thank you all so much, it means a lot! I was a little worried the pearls on every little detail might be a bit much but I don't think it comes off too aggressive at all.

No, it doesn't look off at all. Actually looks in very good taste. :biggthumpup:

Wow you look AMAZING in your pearls Rokor!!! I love all your pieces, they work so well together!

Love the blues BWeaves & SydK!

I have recently received some lovely new pearls from Druzy, I was looking for a pinkish one for a labradorite bracelet design I had in mind for quite some time. I am very happy with the result... Pink is my second favorite pearl color/overtone after blue...so I had myself a pinkish day today...new bracelet, pastel T pendant from Jac and natural pink akoya earrings from Wen.
3E27A69A-0F33-49D3-B66C-6063A1B51956.jpeg

Attachments

• 3E27A69A-0F33-49D3-B66C-6063A1B51956.jpeg
    3E27A69A-0F33-49D3-B66C-6063A1B51956.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 36
Back