Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Haha JEG. It was beautiful, so of course I thought of you!

I love seeing your pearls and your clothes and how you combine everything. Gorgeous!

Classics for me today.

My white gold Mikimoto huggies. Mom's 9 mm akoya choker. 8 mm Natural white Hanadama rope from PP. And in the middle, the first pearls I bought myself 40 years ago (whew!). A rope of 6 mm pinked akoyas. They still look great, and I've worn the he11 out of them.

IMG_9528.jpg

Lily pad ring with ruby flower from Kojima.

IMG_9535.jpg

Mom's akoya ring. I'm always amazed at how comfortable this ring is to wear.

IMG_9536.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, BWeaves! And beautiful classics!!:eek:

I added blue Akoya to these little stalactite charms-
260FFE76-A7F4-4377-8A03-549F998BEA56.jpeg

DFA89505-294E-4A86-AA03-D0542BC5DDF3.jpg

Lovely pieces Jeg & Bweaves!
And I agree with Bweaves wholeheartedly...love to see your "combo" of pearls and clothing.

Love the rings too!

Love your ombre rope and your new earrings Jeg.
Bweaves, your akoyas are amazing and those rings stunning. I buy rings and then I don't use them..but I like to look at them.

Last edited:
JEG: Love the Stalactite earrings. They look like mini galaxies.

My mother taught me how to tell the difference between stalactites and stalagmites. Ahem, tites hang down.

Thank you, Douglas, Charlotta and BWeaves! BWeaves, I remember by saying “ Stalactites have to hold on “tite” to hang down”.

Ladies, I'm distracted by the "titles hang down". ROTFL....
Before I die from laughing more, your pearls are pretty Jeg (love the stalactite earrings) and BWeaves (those mesmerizing rings).

Such a beautiful ombre Jeg and those stalactite earrings are something else!!!! Love your dress too :)
Very pretty look BWeaves, love the akoyas!

I have reworked my ice blue akoya rope with amethyst rondelles yesterday, I found that I didnt wear it very often with the garnet rondelles which were there before, now I am pretty sure this rope will get its regular wear. Still wintery grey here, terrible pearl light but here go the pictures....F62B5609-B1A2-4333-B233-92DACA97D94F.jpg961AE9D8-34AA-468E-A711-23B6469E627C.jpeg

Jeg, the stalactites are awesome! I like the drama of that ombré rope.
Bweaves, gorgeous pearls as always. Pearls just love khaki, don’t they? Especially those blue akoyas - whoah!
Eolian, the now rope is so pretty and looks great with that sweater.

OOOh, amethysts and blue pearls. Two of my favorites. I like your reworked rope, Eolian!

More white pearls today. My natural white Hanadama rope and pinked Hanadama studs from PP. The Hamantaschen from Pacific Pearls, as it was Purim a couple weeks ago.

IMG_9543.jpg

IMG_9561.jpeg
Getting used to the new PG format.

Today, my new pistachio Tahitian studs from Kojima, and TNT necklace from Ocean's Cove (Tahitians N Tourmalines!).

IMG_9561.jpeg

Wow. This new format is not working for me. Doesn't load right most of the time; we've lost the "New Posts" button, text is way too hard for me to read on the grey "post author" bar on the left ... possibly life's way to reminding me I'm too old ... carry on;.

Love your Pistachio green pearls :D
I remember the first time I saw pistachio pearls...back in 1994 when I met some Cook Island pearl farmers and they had just started growing pearls there and that was one of the distinguishing colors between Tahiti and the Cook Islands. Unfortunately, they were wiped by typhoons :( but I am glad the color still shows up as part of the black-lips pearl color variations.

BTW
Dear Pearl Forum Members:
I think you've noticed! :D
Your Favorite Pearl Forum has been UPGRADED!
We now have better security, more features (you can add YouTube and other videos directly on your post!) and overall a fresh new look...you can now enjoy the forum on your PC, tablet or phone :D since it will look PERFECT on all devices.
When you edit text and you add bold-type, italics or underline you will see text changing on the fly (no longer will you see those odd-brackets next to your text), adding photos will also be easier.

We hope these improvements will make your experience much more pleasant and enjoyable :D

It took weeks to make the transition as clean as possible, but there might be slight issues here and there...so, I ask you to PLEASE let me know if you find or detect any issues with the forum. I will be correcting some transitional errors (misbehaving text) from the site for the coming weeks but will be happy to take care of any issues you find and report back to me :)

Again, welcome to your revamped and upgraded Pearl-Guide.com experience.

I'm crazy about your pistachio pearls, BWeaves :)​​​​​​.

Aarrrgghhh still trying to get used to the new PG website.

That glow is phenomenal!

and Cathy, take heart, please, you have to stick around! When you disappear, we worry and miss you!

Last edited:
Back