Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I like your south sea and keshi rope eolian pearls, very pretty.
Pearlie Sue, you are right, that pin would make a great pendant.

It’s been just a few days and I’ve missed all these gorgeous jewelry!

@BW, love all your combinations! Such beautiful pieces and fun layers!!
@eolian, that’s a lovely ripple necklace!
@Jeg, your Tahitian pendant with multiple pearl colors is such a summery and gorgeous look!
@Pearlie Sue, stunning WSS and opal combination! I wouldn’t worry too much about the chain, I wear all my pearls layered with chains and I have yet to see any damage on them! The goldens like everyone else said, are very tricky! I find that for my coloring, bright WSS, and deep goldens are best! Champagne pearls on the other hand get lost on me!

Thank you Lilpearl, Pearlie Sue and Charlotta!

Pearlie Sue that opal pin is very beautiful and definitely looks amazing with the pearls! All your combinations are stunning, very eclectic!

“Harvest” bracelet for me today, when I first fell in love with pearls I really really wanted a harvest strand and it is still on my wishlist, but in the meantime I have this bracelet with pearls from Druzy and Jac and Wen. It’s one of my favorite happy pieces. 8318E3D5-05A5-42CC-ADB6-55FED50622ED.jpg

So, I posted these in the wrong thread. I thought I'd repost here. I got my Tahitian studs from Kojima a couple days ago. They are gorgeous! Shiny and lustrous and the colors. THE COLORS.

IMG_9428.jpg

Pistachio on the left and silver blue with lavender halo on the right. I love both pairs, but the silver blue pair sort of lose there color when on my earlobes. I'm so bummed. The pistachio ones become more intense. Yes, they really are that green. I do have one blue stud with my Kamoka B/W pair, which are more dark eggplant and silver blue, so I'm sending the silver blue Kojima pair back.

On the other hand, I did buy another tin-cup from Kojima, so I actually ended up buying more. Akoya and South Sea pearls. It will probably arrive sometime next week.

It's funny, but I like my earrings better when they DO NOT match my necklace. There's a difference between my neck (and clothing) colors and my cheek / earlobe colors. I love my natural white Hanadama rope, but natural white studs didn't suit me. I bought pinked Hanadama studs. Although I really prefer to wear my B/W Tahitian studs with my natural white Hanadama rope. I also prefer the sizes of the necklace and the earrings to be different. 10 years ago I was all about matchy matchy, and now I can't get enough of pearls that don't match.

Last edited:
Your bracelet is beautiful eolian pearls. I can see why you love it.
Beautiful earrings Bweaves. I also mostly prefer not to match my strands to closely to my earrings. But I like them to be in the same color family. My white south sea strand from Cees has a slightly cooler white tone, not a bit cream in it. I like to wearit with mismatched tahitian studs from Oceanscove, they are silver white and medium green. It's like the earrings are darker tones than the strands. I think that white south sea pearls looks great together with tahitians or deep golden south sea pearls as well when I think about it. Your new tincup seems nice, are there pistaccios in it as well?

Pearls_smaller.jpg

This was me yesterday, enjoying some layering. Tiny multicolored akoya courtesy of Katbran, Tahitian keshi from Ehret, big blue Tahitian drop from Kamoka, smaller blue Tahitian drop from Kojima. I really liked how playful this combo felt. :)

Oh my gosh, I am so far behind... First of all, thank you so much to everyone for such nice compliments. :eek:

Pearlie Sue, your vintage pieces add such a special touch to your pearls. I hope you eventually find the right shade of gold that works for you!

Eolian, a very fun harvest bracelet. If you keep collecting pearls, you will soon have your strand. :rolleyes: The nice thing about harvest style pieces is that you can collect random pearls.

BWeaves, those studs are wowie!!! I love both of them!

Jesskat, yes, a playful grouping for sure! Nice and light and wearable.

A new bumpy bail pendant from Kojima. Worn with other things I assembled- a keshi chain, earrings with common auger shells from Sanibel Island, and unusual colors of pastel Tahitian pearls from Druzy, I knotted into a strand.
6F29258D-DADD-47BD-AC37-58353869AE93.jpeg

A4E2DDD1-E605-4E55-AC35-2D8DD5DC9E8D.jpg

Jesskat, that is a gorgeous combination.
Jeg, lovely pearls, especially that pastelly strand.

Charlotta: I think my new tin-cup has a few pistachio toned South Sea pearls. At least, that's the way it looked online. It's what drew me to that necklace. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Today, I'm definitely in a pistachio mood. My new pistachio Tahitian studs from Kojima. Pistachio akoyas from PP with Greg Who (the freshwater pendant) from Kojima. Everything Bagel rope worn double, from Kojima.

IMG_9485 (1).jpg

IMG_9482 (1).jpg

Beautiful greens Bweaves. I have a thing with blue, especially tahitians. Lots of blue tahitians now...
_20210228_134944.jpg
I have this one pearl however, I call it vivid green. It might accually be called something else. Beautiful color. Wouldn't mind some pearls in this color.
_20210227_160933.JPG
The one in the front of the photo.

Beautiful blues and green Charlotta. I'm in a blue mood today. My blue akoyas look especially good against olive drab clothing.

Long and short Vietnamese blue baroque akoyas from PP, with Spring Rain pendant from Kojima. Topaz hoop and blue drop earrings from Kojima. SoC ring from Douglas and PP.

IMG_9496.jpg

IMG_9497.jpg

IMG_9498.jpg

IMG_9505.jpg

My lighting has been drab and washing out the pearls, so I've manipulated the color balance to get the pearls in the photos to look like they do to my eye. The blues are very blue with strong pink overtones. The SoC ring is off the charts colorful, green blue pink teal set in rose gold.

Thank you Charlotta and Jeg!
Amazing blue on this page, loooove them all! And pistacchios as well...And of course THE RING!!!!
Jeg that is one beautiful pastel necklace you made! And the Sanibel shells are so cute!
Jesskat your layering is really pretty and playful. That’s why I love pearls, they can have some many personalities!

OK, sitting at home I've been wearing the same dress a few days in a row. Today I wore my new pistachio Tahitian studs. Ombre' Tahitian keshi tin-cup with drop. Tin-cup with small Tahitian keshi and Walter Who (carved Tahitian drop) hanging off it. All by Kojima.

IMG_9520.jpg

IMG_9514.jpg

I see the expensive Tahitian necklace I was drooling over has left Kojima website. Anyone here buy it?

Last edited:
Thank you Eolian!

Charlotta and BWeaves, wonderful collections of greens and blues and keshi! Ahahaha, BWeaves, I am not guilty, but don’t think I wasn’t tempted...:rolleyes:

Ombré Tahitian strand from PP, with earrings I made.
Worn long-
EEC65AC0-74E1-4555-8B85-DCA7ACD75D02.jpeg

51604F99-6F96-45FA-8A17-4EB28F216BFA.jpg

Worn doubled-
098377E3-AA37-4A5D-BB96-D9E9659816E1.jpeg

6D98FFBD-F570-497F-9634-1289F120328B.jpg

Back