Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Those bronze ripples looks great on you SydK
Very practical those interchangeable pendants Jeg and lovely colors.

Another piece of yours that I LOOOVE Jeg! Those sliders are perfection! Such a colorful and fun piece!

Lovely combination SydK!

Love the ripples! Love the slides!

Yesterday I was wearing all Vietnamese Blue Akoyas from PP, and Kojima earrings with attached white topaz hoops. Plus a blue Tahitian pendant from Kojima. I know I named it, but now I can't remember what I named it. I know I had Winter Snowman, Summer Rainbow, and the Kasumi pendant was Fall leaves. Was this Spring Rain?

IMG_9398.jpg

Since I linked several necklaces together, I positioned the orbit clasps in front, sort of staggered, to make them part of the design.

IMG_9399.jpg

The photos don't pick up how intensely blue and pink these pearls are.

IMG_9405.jpg

Today it's Mikimoto earrings, and necklaces from Kojima. Everything Bagel rope (the long one), long mixed tin-cup, and feather pendant.

IMG_9411.jpg

IMG_9412.jpg

Sea of Cortez ring in PP setting. SoC pearl from Douglas!!! I know this pearl would have made an amazing pendant, but by setting it in a ring, I get to gaze at it all day. It's mesmerizing.

IMG_9416.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh BWeaves it’s always a happy day when I see your SoC ring!!!! One of my favorite pieces her on PG. Absolutely stunning and I love the ring setting as well.
All your pearl combinations are beautiful, oh the blues....Lovely!!! Isnt the Kojima pendant “Sea Nymph”? Should be...it is enchanting...

Last edited:
Tahitian B/W studs from Kamoka and Tahitian keshi tin-cups from Kojima. And wearing my SOC ring again. The studs go with everything. They're sort of "akoya blue" and "eggplant" rather than black / white.

IMG_9419.jpg

IMG_9420.jpg

IMG_9422.jpg

The shorter tin-cup has ombre' keshi going from light pistachio at the front, to darker peacock at the back. The drop has lovely ombre' colors, too. The longer tin-cup has a mix of different colors including one gold Tahitian.

IMG_9427.jpg

Lovely pearls as usual Bweaves, you do have the best blue akoyas. I also love mismatched earrings. They really do go with everything. Mine isn't black and white either, I have one pair that are silver white and medium green, another is blue green and pastel pistachio. Those are the tahitians. Then I also have a pair of white and medium golden south sea earrings that are mismatched.

That SoC ring made my day today ;)

Yup! Made my day...entirely Erotochromic! ;)
Did I see a "navette" pearl pendant in between those strands Bweaves?

My first picture is what I actually wore. My white SSP necklace with an opal and diamond antique pendant and opal earrings to go with it. It was a stunning combination, if I say so myself! The chain miiiiight not be great for the pearls, but.... so tempting...
20210305_214716.jpg
20210305_214802.jpg
20210305_214827.jpg
In my next photo I'm wearing a dyed golden Edison pearl necklace I got from Wendy at Pearlescence. She showed me a picture of this strand next to a natural golden SSP necklace, and it was so close I couldn't even tell them apart. However... I just don't like them on me! It's not the pearls, it's me. Normally I love warm colors, but I just don't think golden pearls suit me, so I'm sadly sending it back. If anyone else wants it, it will soon be up for grabs. The pearls are huge and would be gorgeous, on the right coloring.
20210305_214550.jpg

And thank you for all the sweet compliments! Getting to put on makeup and jewelry and dress up is what gets me out of bed in the mornings, and is one of the best parts of my day. I think y'all will probably understand what I mean when I say that beautiful jewelry might not be a necessity, but it just makes life better.
ETA: here's another picture of the edison pearls. I turned off my makeup mirror lights in the previous picture to get a more accurate color, and below is with the better lighting. The color is difficult to accurately capture, but they're very pretty in person, just not on me. Maybe because my coloring is so pink? My mom, who has a warmer complexion, looked great in them.
20210305_221310.jpg

Last edited:
Sydk, I'm in love with your ripple pearls! There's something about the baroque pearls that are growing on me. I thought I was a round only kinda girl, but they're winning me over. So fun with the flamingos.

Jeg, my god, you've got the most incredible collection, and your so dang talented with all the peices you create!

BWeaves, you look great in those silvery blue akoya pearls. Those are at the top of my wish list.

And eolian pearls, what a stunning photo! Do you live by the ocean? Not that I'm jealous or anything like that...

Pearlie Sue, you look great in your white south sea strand and those opals. Gorgeous opals. Golden south sea pearls can be tricky. Maybe a cream or champagne color might be better? I can wear the darker golden shades easier than the lighter tones, even though I am pale. Cream don't look as good on me, unless I bridge it like with an ombre. You could also try a mixed south sea strand, much easier to wear.

Bweaves, your pearls are so beautiful. The keshi combination looks particularly stunning.
Pearlie Sue, I love your “more is more” approach to dressing up, with killer hair and tactile fabrics and jewels. Adore your SSP look. Agree that the goldens don’t sing on you. Personally, I’ve never found any goldens that work for me.

I think there’s a slippery slope with pearls - it starts with vintage akoyas or a nice little freshwater strand, then you come pearlguide to learn more and discover that pearls come in other colours, then you get some baroque Tahitians, then you start contemplating blue akoyas, then you want something a bit bigger, so you upsize the Tahitians and think about seriously investing in SSPs... in no time at all, you’re stalking Kojima for baroque strands and dreaming of SoC... :)

Pearlie Sue gorgeous opals and pearls combination!!! Those vintage pieces are seriously dreamy!!! Opals, diamonds and pearls....what’s not to love? Your whole look is fantastic! Concerning the goldens...sigh...definitely the trickiest ones for the skin...The deep goldens are just so eye-catching but they dont work for me either, much better are the lighter goldens combined with white pearls...and baroque shapes... I have this rope made of goldens I got from Loupetroope that has really funky shapes, I combined it with freshwater keshis and it worked quite well, but I almost never wore it as I always reach for Tahitians anyway so now it is with my Mom and she wears them very often...There are different shades of goldens maybe you will find the ones that work for you. Oh and thank you for the compliment, yes, I live near the sea most of the year, on one of the Eolian islands in Sicily (I am not Italian but ended up there and yes, I am really lucky :)12109778-34A2-42A6-921B-5951BC9AEB6F.jpg82467ADA-C7CA-4668-A9BC-31A996982B12.jpg

I did some shopping today (mostly thrift stores, because my philosophy is if you save money on clothes, you have more for jewelry!), and experimented with adding a pin to my SSP necklace. It... sort of worked. It didn't lie very flat though. The pin is an opal and gold antique peice. This was my first "real" piece of jewelry. My mother bought it for me when I was 14 I think, and I was so proud of it! I don't really wear it anymore, but now I'm thinking it might be given new life by being made into a pearl necklace enhancer... maybe with a big drop pearl hanging from the bottom?
20210306_211746.jpg
20210306_211914.jpg

Charlotta, I think I could pull off a very deep golden color, or a very light champagne one. I think the in between shades might be the problem. But I'm also thinking about just getting a pendant instead. A single golden pearl wouldn't be so overwhelming.

Sydk, yes, more is more is definitely my aesthetic! I love beautiful, glamorous, shiny things. And your description of the slippery pearl slope made me laugh because it sounds very, very familiar... I too started out with vintage pearls and am now looking for more Tahitians and dreaming of blue akoyas!

Thank you Bweaves! Eolian pearls, your mixed necklace is fabulous! I'm sure I could pull off a mixed color necklace like that, and I think those baroque shapes are so fun. They make me think of summer.

Pearlie Sue: I like the way the crescent hangs on the pearl necklace.

Back