Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Looking good!
Jeg, I love your fossilized corals...I've been working on a pair of earrings using elongated, slightly fan shaped stones. I have a pair of ovals I'm going to set next! I never would have sought out this stone, except for the fact that my youngest daughter asked me to hunt for some coral fossils last year in Tucson. She's working on a PhD in geochemistry and is studying stable isotopes in fossilized sea creatures. Apparently they tell quite a story!

Thanks so much, Charlotta, eolian, 86C and Jersey Pearl! Eolian, a silver rope is very versatile!;)

BWeaves, all such pretty colors of Kasumi and FW’s!!

JerseyPearl, your daughter sees fossils and thinks in scientific terms I have to google. I see fossils and think, cool!:cool: I also have some ammonite fossils I’m anxious to use, some stalactites, and some other pretty stones.

Sparkle and Spice necklace from Kojima, with a color banded Tahitian necklace, and SS and Tahitian keshi earrings I put together.
F3297252-5451-4547-88AC-F849230A28AD.jpeg

E67DAE91-C17B-4673-AF79-32FFDD1D6572.jpg

BWeaves, your Kasumi and FW Ripples are stunning ... I love those bright greens; brings life to the colors.

That fossilized coral is so pretty Jeg; and Oceanscove, I saw your grey "snowflake" stones; lovely! I have some pieces from New Mexico, sand beige in color with white patterns; the pendant centerpiece is a fossilized sand dollar. An under-appreciated stone, both for beauty, and it sounds like for scientists :)

Bweaves, I’m so happy to see your lovely kasumi earrings and ripples again. Those pacific pearl ripples are one of my favourite strands here. The perfect ripple strand is still on my pesky endless wish list, though it’s dropped down below blue akoyas for now...
Jeg, I love the corals with the Tahitians.
Circles for me today.
2CB1EEC6-2B3C-462F-AEA8-9040492F67D0.jpg

JEG and SydK: Love your pearls.

Today I'm wearing freshwaters and lapis. In the necklace with the large lapis beads, I replaced the small, dull, dinky pearls with 9 mm Freshadamas from PP, and now the necklace looks so much better. I also added a large orbit clasp. The other lapis necklace has Rice Krispie pearls, small lapis beads, and two large carved lapis beads. Both necklaces have fluted gold beads, so I think Mom bought them from the same vendor. Earrings are lapis with a diamond halo. All pieces are from Mom.

IMG_9374.jpg

I didn't used to like these necklaces together, but since I added the large orbit clasp to the bigger necklace, they really nest nicely now.

IMG_9375.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful ripples and lapis strands Bweaves. It's great to see you and your pearls again.
Another beautiful combination Jeg, that sparkle and spice always catches my eyes.
Love your circled tahitians SydK, circled tahitians is always so interesting to look at, usually so many color combinations. I never get bored. Well I might if I examine those early circled tahitians that I bought so many years ago, pretty boring and many of them dull. Every time I look through them I throw away some, usually heavily blemished as well. I know better now.

Bweaves I am another big fan of your ripples from Pacific Pearls! They are stunning!

Jeg another fantastic combination!

SydK love those circles from Cmw, they have such colorful pearls!

Colorful pearls for me today as well, pearls&leather kind of day... DFF7F77A-94C5-4906-A132-012AAA0DA6DA.jpg950BA995-AF16-43E7-9D8D-24E5A5CB401D.jpg

Eolian Pearls, Wow, I really like that leather necklace. The colors and graduation in size contrasted with the dark leather is great.

And ... somedays I stare at Jeg's pearls. Some days I stare at Jeg's clothes. Some days I stare at both ... lost in wonder. Those are the days nothing else gets done LOL. Special Thanks to Jeg for all the effort and joy in the posts!

Couldn't agree more! Thank you Jeg...

And thank you everyone for sharing your pearly treasures for all of us to enjoy.

Me too :)
It brightens your day to look at all the beautiful pearls and kinda "window shopping for my wife" ;)

Have a great weekend ya'll and Happy Purim for those that celebrate it :D

BWeaves, I can't believe the colors on those Kasumis. Just lovely.

jeg, I will never stop being amazed at your endless combinations and creativity!

eolian, I *love* the leather look.

I don't often layer my necklaces, but the light quality is so nice today that I had to wear these together so I could enjoy the overtones.

near round Tahitians and Rikitea baroques forum.jpeg

As you should Pearl Dreams, those overtones are gorgeous and has to be enjoyed. Theh look absolutly stunning on you.

Eolian, the leather and pearls look great! I love the colours and graduated size. Great combo.
Pearl Dreams, your strands look magnificent!
Yesterday I wore a cheapie freshwater rope that I bought as a trial to help me decide if I’m a rope person. I think I’m probably not, but I enjoyed wearing it for the day.
50D53F56-6021-425D-99D1-9E39C3F6004A.jpg

Thank you all for the leather necklace compliments! I love when a necklace comes together unexpectedly like this one, and I often wear it as a bracelet as well, the sliding knots make it very versatile.

Pearl Dreams your necklaces are stunning! Magnificent overtones. such a treat for eyes!
SydK you might not be a rope person but the freshie rope looks lovely on you all the same! Beautiful dress too!

Pearl Dreams: Those colors. Wow.
SydK: I like the rope, but I like to be able to look at my pearls while I'm wearing them. And play with them.

Today, more of Mom's pearls. There be dragons freshwater necklace, and ruby and akoya heart drops. I'm also wearing Mom's akoya pearl ring, but I keep forgetting to photograph it.

IMG_9376.jpg

IMG_9377.jpg

Last edited:
Back