Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

In the mood of wearing my Fiji pearls the day before yesterday. They're from Cees _20210205_155431.jpg
_20210205_155519.jpg
Actually I prefer to photograph my pearls than to wear them :D

Thanks so much Lisa, Lilpearl and Pareltje! Rianne, I think pendants are the most versatile pieces and your corsage is really beautiful. Please share once you create the wedding corsage. Pareltje, I love that Fiji strand you have and the earrings are gorgeous.

I am back in the Bubbles Tahitian strand from Kojima, again, with earrings I made.
909E2C95-6871-47D9-8F1D-6C7E0F6533AE.jpeg

08E0B9A0-D942-4A69-B6F5-1A83B3CF54EB.jpg

Jeg, your bubbles are fabulous, such a feast for the eyes. I also love your ikat blouse, it's so elegant :eek:.

Thanks Pareltje! It’s a really special strand. The colors had me digging in the back of my closet looking for this ancient outfit that I hadn’t worn in years. :rolleyes:

Oh, thank you! I certainly felt very glam I my pearls. I think I might have taken a bit more pride in my styling in the mornings that I wore my pearls. It inspired me to wear my pretty clothes- I guess I was dressing up for them.

Thank you to all the nice comments! This is by far my favorite thread on pearl guide. I love to see how everyone styles their jewelry and outfits, and it gives me ideas for what I'll do when I have more necklaces. I loved the layered look!

Meanwhile, my collection is limited, so my offerings may get repetitive. I wore this the other day. This photo was taken moments before I ruined that duster by spilling paint on it! RIP duster. The pearls were safe, though! I'm an art teacher, btw, so this is a workplace hazard. Which reminds me, in my newbie pearl fever, I never actually introduced myself. My name is Susan, and I'm a long time jewelry addict, though I'm fairly new to pearls. I made some bold claims on another thread about avoiding the beginner collector buying frenzy, due to having collected jewelry for most of my life, but... well... I overestimated my strength of character. I *might* have bought a tahitian pearl necklace that is currently winging its way to me as we speak. At least I know I'm among those who probably understand and have been there, ha ha.
20210205_232440.jpg

Oh, the color of those earrings is to die for! Greenish gold is such a rich color. It's just pure luxury!

So much eye candy here!!!! Jeg the Rikiteas!!! The Bubble!!! The ikat top!!!! The interchangeable pendants!!! The ring!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Rianne lovely corsage and pearl set!

Paretje love the Fijis!

Pearlie Sue those akoyas are very glamorous! So curious about your new tahitian necklace!

Yeah, we know, we know, Pearlie Sue (sympathetic pats), but I have to say I can’t wait to see your Tahitians!

Jeg’s Closet, yaaaaay! And her pearl drawers!
and Pareltje, I think your pearl photos are waaaaay!
who have I missed? I love this thread.

Thanks, eolian and LisaC! Love those vivid colors, Pearlie Sue!

Seaglass Tahitian strand and Tahitian cloud keshi necklace from Kojima, with an ombré Tahitian rope from PP.
2BD74A6D-FA80-44E9-9CCE-52E15C5D7E73.jpeg

FD46366C-02B0-4B64-9DBA-704F80B8AE61.jpg

I wore my SSP necklace to Goodwill today, along with my messy bun, sneakers and sweatshirt- but I still felt very classy! I forgot to take a picture, but I didn't want to come empty handed, so I'm including a picture of the adorable ladybug luggage I got- for those vacations I distantly remember from pre-covid times.
20210206_224401.jpg
I also got my pearl stringing kit from Pattye, and today I was looking over my akoya necklace and I noticed something interesting. Maybe 10% of the pearls are slightly less shiny. It's hard to describe and I sure couldn't take a picture, but I'll try. They're somehow more opaque, yet also more transparent... If I roll the pearl around it will have patches of opacity, and then areas that somehow look transparent, like you could see through to something below. I suppose these are pearls that are worn enough I can see the bead? I'm not overly worried because I wanted to make the necklace slightly shorter so I can just toss those pearls, but I was curious. I purchased vintage pearls with the understanding they wouldn't be as lustrous as new ones, so it's okay. Given my active and messy work life I probably wouldn't want to risk damaging really high end pearls anyway. I figure they should last at least a few years, and then I'll take the clasp and put it on another necklace.
Win/win!

I admire your clothes as much as your pearls, jeg! And this outfit is my favorite yet. I have a soft spot for yellow, and the pearls look so nice with it. And ombre pearl necklaces, gasp. Until I found this forum I never could have imagined there would be so many colors of pearls you could even make an ombre! (And now, of course, I "need" one myself)

Thanks Lilpearl, Pearlie Sue, eolian pearls and lisa c for your compliments. I'd prefer to take pictures of my pearls than wear them LOL. It snowed here and I used this opportunity to take pictures of my pearls. Nothing is a better light box for pearl photography than a garden full of snow. The pearls' body colors and overtones pop to the max.
Jeg, I'm crazy about your layering. Oh that ombre is dreamy!

Last edited:
How wonderful to see Seaglass again Jeg! So beautifully layered too!

Today I am sharing my dainty T keshi necklace (Druzy) and mismatched earrings. I love to take pictures of the pearls too Paretje! I noticed that when I load them here the colors are less vivid, so imagine these even more colorful...82D04D70-A2EA-4824-B8A8-1B0357AB5AC4.jpg

Last edited:
Back