Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Oh okay, that makes sense! Thank you for keeping the forum safe, and thank you for the advice! I'm leaning towards the silvery one too. I can feel myself falling down the pearl rabbit hole, and I imagine eventually I'll end up with plenty of fancy colored pearls, and pink seems a very common color. It will be good to have one true white strand.

Oh, I wish! But it's a custom stand, so it can't be returned. I'm a teeny bit nervous about that, but almost everyone seems really, really happy with their freshadama pearls, and since 99% of the pearls I've ever owned were low quality freshwater pearls, I'm bound to be impressed!

I think I'm leaning towards them. I think the pink ones might be a bit too close to my skintone. And I was so sure I wanted pink, too, until I saw them together!

Wow, those silvers pop! I think they’ll glow on your skin.

Also, I’m really glad you weren’t asking us to choose between your earrings and your Boo. He’s got a super smile, and I really hate to leave pearls on the table.....

may I?
ED2C8F99-FC6B-4897-A71C-37C71678D175.jpeg

Last edited:
Eolian, super look! I’m more and more convinced that long is the way to go.

I’m wearing some Tahitians from a while ago Druzy designs, not strung yet because they’ve either got to go longer or become bracelets. I’m not having fun with them because I can’t see them at this length.

Well, I have fun handling and looking at them, but I want to wear them.
2A724F5A-357A-4E40-90C3-F3AAD23353CE.jpg

Lisa, those Tahitians would make a great bracelet. Sounds like a great winter project now that we are all stuck at home.
What kind of clasp would you use? Or would you make a stretch bracelet?

Stretch, because clasps are getting difficult.
On the itherhand, if I do clasps I could put them together again for a necklace....
(aaaaannnd, after a few more years of agonizing, she dies with her pearls unstrung ;):D:D , heeheehee, not really, but I’d better get a move on!)

This May call for more pearls....:rolleyes:

Those tahitians looks great lisa c. They would be great as a bracelet or two. How long is the strand now? Be warned however, I have tried to make more bracelets recently, but their number is dwindling and the ropes keeps increasing both in number and in lenght. Best to hide the scissors... More pearls is surtainely an option, I have ordered more bracelets (unstrung) myself. Hopefully they stay bracelets. But the power of the scissors are strong...
Those earrings are interesting, what are they?

Last edited:
Hi Charlotta, you crack me up with the warnings about lack of bracelets, lol.
17”, plus I have another 3 pearls to add which would be a total of 18.5” unknotted.

I got the earrings second hand from loupe troop or diamond bistro, so not sure, but the thinking is cultured akoya and dyed cultured akoya. They have fabulous backs, very secure,118F69E2-2D03-4491-AF72-5A04B102507E.jpg
Eventually I’d like to flip the arrangement, and replace the dyed akoya with Tahitians. The dark pearls on the bottom just seems to get lost in the shadows down there. They’re kind of small pearls so maybe replacing them with Ts isn’t a good plan, but idk, one can hope? I think the only way it’s possible is teardrop shape or keishi, or maybe it’s a pipe dream. What the heck, right?

They’re not bad for dyed, but when put next to real Tahitians you can tell.
644467F2-F53C-48D4-841D-DA791422B495.jpg
they’re nice, but the Tahitian has a quality of light, like dancing.

Last edited:
Lisa, I'd go ahead and make that stretch bracelet so you can enjoy them! You know you can always change it in the future to something else.

Eolian, that rope is stunning! One of my favourites.
Pretty Tahitians, Lisa. Look forward to seeing what you do with them.
Pearlie Sue, beautiful pearls! I agree that the silvery tones would be lovely on your skin tone. I’m fair and pink-toned, too, and silvers always work better on me than the pinks.

I know, I know, I know, you’re right! it’s a wonder I ever got married I have so much trouble committing.

I’m sorry to do a blanket wow to everyone’s pearls and a blanket thank you for all your comments. I am too far behind. I’ve been busy with caregiving responsibilities. I did have something very special arrive this week, though! “Bubbles!” A strand of fancy colored Tahitian bubbles from Kojima. :eek:

97AD8D97-7B32-4CA8-B3E3-D5B2D709E961.jpeg

957ED38F-203B-45E5-AA45-A86F55D498F6.jpg

With a short extender-
5F8B3FB2-822C-42BD-B943-7D7BBA172DA7.jpeg

59ACAAE4-DD70-41DF-B561-5D8DB3A65478.jpg

You look great, and I think you’re great, and I think probably everyone loves you and not a harsh thought will cross anyone’s mind. It’s all good, and virtual hugs, you’re beloved.

Lol! My "Boo" is my brother, Chesley. Here does have a great smile though and I can confirm he's just as good natured as the grin suggests. We were at a Rufus Wainwright concert, one of the last really fun things we did before lockdown! Now I'm seeing how much my neck needed some pearls, though...

20210123_195527.jpg

Here are my earrings. I'll wear them on Monday and take better pictures. I believe that they're an old converted antique white gold and diamond watch, that was cut and had 9mm pearls added to make them into earrings. I'm conflicted, because I don't know the type or quality of the pearls, but I can definitely tell they aren't top quality. I'm very tempted to have them replaced by AAA akoya pearls, now that I'm learning now about pearls. But when I was photographing them I did notice that in strong light I could sort of see my reflection and tell that I had an orange sweater on, so maybe they aren't that bad. I'm still very ignorant about pearls, but I'm learning. Believe it or not, this is my only peice of pearl jewelry after I gave all my cheap freshwater pearls to various students over the years.

I'm sold! ;) I let PP know I wanted the silvery ones. I can't wait, and what lucky timing that they have a sale going on right now!

Great choice, Pearlie Sue! They are beautiful pearls and you will surely enjoy wearing them for years to come.

Lisa c, those earrings looks great and I like that finding. 18,5inches, knotting and a clasp, would probably be around 20 inches or so depending on your clasp and how big the knots are. I find that knots really don't add that much on bigger pearls like these tahitians. It is a nice lenght but probably not long enough to see them all the time. But as bracelets you could.
Jeg, your new bubbles strand is amazing. I hope that whomever you had to care for is better.
Pearlie Sue, those earrings are gorgeous. You could exchange the pearls if you wanted to. Tahitians would look great with those diamonds as well, or small south sea pearls. What are the pearls size? About 8mm? Then you do whatever you wanted. Great quality akoyas as well of course. You must post a photo of your new strand when it arrives.

Lisa C, very pretty T’s amd look forward to see what you ended up doing with it!

Pearliesue, great choice and I’m sure you’re going to be very happy with your purchase!

Jeg, those bubbles are red carpet material! Wow gorgeous pearls!!

Back