Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Love the carved Tahitian and the keshi necklace...a true WOW! :cool:

Wow, what an incredible carved pearl Jeg! A joint work of art of nature and man...Amazing! How big is it?

Thank you all for your appreciation of abalone pearl earrings and silverly set!
Today I have tried to take picture of the final version of my Tahitian love necklace with the darker central pearls from Druzy, I am very happy with it, just cant really get a good picture while wearing the necklace, will definitely wear it a lot so a better picture will hopefully come soon...

89A390AA-F66B-43D7-AA83-1E114F10D4A6.jpeg
525FFCDE-DA1C-45FD-83A8-A2D75DD9EE55.jpeg
9982EA22-8F6F-48B2-AE12-AF3FE406D555.jpeg

Attachments

• B0BC0C60-1176-4B90-AB1C-0B893EF42431.jpg
    B0BC0C60-1176-4B90-AB1C-0B893EF42431.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 23
  • FC87540F-DB5D-4572-BAA6-D5056DE5E599.jpg
    FC87540F-DB5D-4572-BAA6-D5056DE5E599.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 24
Eolian pearls, your tahitian love necklace is even more beautiful than before. How long is it now?

Thank you Charlotta! It is almost 22 inches long, one “last”pearl is still missing, there was one from Druzy that was just too dark for this necklace that I will use in another project.
I still have a silver/white tahitian from Jac waiting for me in the US at my friends house that might be the perfect last pearl, the friend was supposed to come to Europe last April...here’s hoping we will meet next year...In the meantime I will enjoy this necklace as it is...

Thank you, Charlotta, Douglas, Katbran and eolian! I think the carving is pretty cool. Eolian, the pearl is 13mm.

Your Tahitian Love strand looks so pretty just as it is, eolian! Enjoy wearing it!!

Dear Pearl-Guiders! We have Thanksgiving upon us! Why don´t you share with us all what your "Pearl-Giving" evening wear will be like for this year?
What is your indispensable pearl-wear for this year's event?!?!?
I say: This strange year and its oddities cannot put a Stop on Pearldom!!!! (You may picture me as William Wallace, shouting "Pearl Freeedooom!!" if you will ;) )
Please share! And let the WORLD enjoy Pearlsgiving! :D
Have a great weekend!

Ok, you’re on, Douglas! Except I’m not sure what that will be yet. Will have to stay tuned for next week. In the meantime...
A long rope of silvery blue Japanese Akoya with a Tahitian dangle from Kojima, and a short strand of Tahitians from PP.
C0A4FBF8-B049-42F5-A7AB-971173F59C7E.jpeg

289ECCD3-ECC9-434F-AA70-3B5EDE2AC94D.jpeg

3ABEB211-E5E5-4B46-85D6-A9595B586FDE.jpg

Okay, Douglas, I'll play too. Might take me a few days to figure out what pearls look best with a flannel lounge rope, a pair of quilted slippers and a raw turkey ... but I'll try!

Jeg, what a terrific look! And the dark Tahitians really pop with your hair, skin and that dress! The silver rope makes a nice frame of light, too.

Douglass, I think we can put you in a kilt, in a heartbeat! With a fistful of pearls held overhead and a triple dangle from one ear.

Last edited:
I must say, though, it’s really hard to pull my eyes away from the Pearl holiday sales pages.

this reminds me of my Mom sitting us down with the Christmas toy catalogs. She’d say “Better get busy, make your lists!” Of course, being little with short attention spans, that task was good for frequent re-assignment.

It looks like a pretty antique pearl and a spacer bracelet loaded with gold. This style was popular from the late 40s to the early 60s.
I think the 3-spacer segment is supposed to go on the outside of the wrist so that it falls smoothly—the odd # spacer might even have been needed to make it the correct duration.
The clasp is a circular clasp that has been changed. It looks more substantial than the standard lever ring that opens, maybe more stable.

Douglass, I think we can put you in a kilt, in a heartbeat! With a fistful of pearls held overhead and a triple dangle from one ear.
LOL...I am actually thinking of wearing my authorized Clan Mac Laren Kilt!!! :cool:

What I am wondering about is...what pearl jewelry can I wear? A black pearl single earring, very "pirate-like"???

It looks like a pretty antique pearl and a spacer bracelet loaded with gold. This style was popular from the late 40s to the early 60s.
I think the 3-spacer segment is supposed to go on the outside of the wrist so that it falls smoothly—the odd # spacer might even have been needed to make it the correct duration.
The clasp is a circular clasp that has been changed. It looks more substantial than the standard lever ring that opens, maybe more stable.

You have a very good eye for details :cool:

Jeg, what a beautiful silver strand!

Cathykeshi, that’s hilarious!,

I’ll play too and will share my turkey “dressed” in pearls lol!!

Lol LisaC that’s hilarious! I wish I had the attention span of a child, my husband will appreciate that very much!

Hum, just me and Greg for Thanksgiving this year. I'll probably wear a loose dress with no waistline, and pearls that aren't any longer than 18 inches. I don't want anything swinging into the oven or getting spattered when I cook.

But I think I will be wearing a tiara.

OH, so that's where that color banded carved Tahitian went. I should have known. I've waiting for that one to show up on the Kojima website, and it didn't, so I figured it must have gotten sold before it ever hit the website. It's gorgeous.

Back